I have the same meter permanently plugged in as well.
However, when I plug in to shore power, I immediately get 120v on the meter and the red light on the store/use comes on. I have full use of all 120v outlets as well as all 12v
appliances, lights, fans, etc. without touching the store/use switch. I think this is the correct function.
In fact, I have been toiling in the coach for the past couple of weeks without any batteries installed (they died) and still had full use of the converter (lights, fans, etc.) without even touching the switch.
My understanding is that the converter (120v to 12v) takes input from the 120v shore power to turn on...you can't turn it off unless you flip the 120v breaker in the converter or unplug from shore. The store/use affects only the 12v
side of the battery/converter operation.
Your coach is newer so you might have a different setup, but my wiring diagrams clearly show that mine is working as designed....I just never new (I should have, I'm an engineer??) that once the relay was de-energized, re-energizing the relay will be the only way to connect the charger current to the battery...plugging in does not automatically energize the relay.
It is really easy to verify, just flip your store/use to store, plug into shore, watch the red light come on, see your coach lights burn bright, microwave clock is on, measure battery voltage (~12.8v), flip switch to use, see battery voltage go to ~13+v.
If I'm wrong on this, somebody please correct me.