Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #1

1978 31' Sovereign
Beatty , Oregon
Solid state control panel wiring 1978 sovereign 31'

Hi there, I've been doing a restoration on my 31' Sovereign land yacht, and have done a lot of lurking around this forum gaining tons of help from other folks questions and comments. When I bought the trailer the interior was 75% torn out, including the wires that go to the solid state control system hanging out of the wall in a big clump, with the control panel on in a cardboard box.
I didn't worry about it, and went on with the restoration. Now I think that might have been a mistake, as I have almost finished the trailer and find that I can't figure out how to wire this thing back up so that my systems work. (water pump, fresh, grey, and black water tank level indicators, etc.)

If anyone has one of these trailers and could offer advice or information, I would really appreciate it. I think a picture of the backside of a control panel that is wired in and working would allow me to put the color coded wires back in the proper order, and then I'm hoping everything will just fire up. (fingers crossed)

Thanks!
dchels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1976 31' Excella 500
Chesapeake , Virginia
I'll take a stab at it.
If you can get to the end point of your wires at your tank or pump or whatever you're trying to figure out. It should be two wires take them off of the device and wire them together, than at your controller where the loose wires are that you're trying to figure out what is what, use a multimeter to test for continuity. Red lead on one black lead on another when you get a reading from two wires they should match up to the two that are together at the device. I have a 76 excella, next time I'm near it I'll take a picture of the control box to see if that helps.
Secretriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign