Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Solar monitor

2017 Flying Cloud. If I add fixed Zamp's on top, does the monitor go near the Seelevel monitor? I was told the wiring is behind that monitor. I'm ambivalent about cutting through the wall to add the monitor. Help!
notab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by notab View Post
2017 Flying Cloud. If I add fixed Zamp's on top, does the monitor go near the Seelevel monitor? I was told the wiring is behind that monitor. I'm ambivalent about cutting through the wall to add the monitor. Help!
If you add a solar installation to your 2017 FC, the controller will normally reside near the batteries. If your controller has a remote monitor, your can reuse the existing CAT5 cable that comes preinstalled in your AS to connect the monitor to your controller. Check your FC manual for the location of the prewiring. The CAT5 cable is usually preinstalled to run from near the batteries to the wall near the SeeLevel monitor. You would typically remove the SeeLevel monitor panel and fish around with your hand to locate the end of the CAT5 cable.

Your controller may or not be compatible with a CAT5 cable. Note that the CAT5 is made up of four twisted pairs so if you're handy you can repurpose this bundle to do what you need.
ProPride Hitch, 400 W Solar
alano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Thanks so much! That is exactly what I thought. The monitor would be fixed on the wall near the Seelevel monitor.
notab is offline   Reply With Quote