Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Stockton , Missouri
Well since i am considering one of the convenient roof mounted satellite dome systems, I am going to try and revive this old old thread and see what peoples experiences have been with the technological advancements and lighter equipment in recent years. We all know that in this day and age, any and all manufacturers will advise against anything not original equipment or made by them 1 for the reasons of liability and 2 to increase "approved" merchandise sales. But Im sure someone has stepped outside the brochures by now. Any experiences.???
Old 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #22
B&J
Happy Campers

Cool Winegard Trav'ler Model SK-3005 Antenna

Just had the Winegard Trav'ler Model SK-3005 installed on the roof of my 2005 28 foot CCD International. The AS dealership where I purchased my AS new did the install. They contract it out and have done many with no problems. I have Direct TV Satellite at home and subscribe to the HD programming. I just take the receivers with me when traveling. The SK-3005 is the only satellite dish that can bring in all the Direct TV HD channels and all the K band channels too. Both the SK3005 and SK3003 are fully automatic and come with a control box. The SK3005 is for SD stations only. We love our new set up and I will be posting pics soon.

J&B
2005 CCD International 28 foot
B&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Stockton , Missouri
outstanding! this is good news. do me a favor and send me a link when you post up those pics in case I miss it. Ill be wintering out in Vegas and there is an onsite installer that Im planning to have take care of mine!! this was another of those situations where I was not really sure I understood the issue. Im pretty sure the 2400W solar panels Ive got up top weigh more than the dome will .
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
B&J
Happy Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J View Post
Just had the Winegard Trav'ler Model SK-3005 installed on the roof of my 2005 28 foot CCD International. The AS dealership where I purchased my AS new did the install. They contract it out and have done many with no problems. I have Direct TV Satellite at home and subscribe to the HD programming. I just take the receivers with me when traveling. The SK-3005 is the only satellite dish that can bring in all the Direct TV HD channels and all the K band channels too. Both the SK3005 and SK3003 are fully automatic and come with a control box. The SK3005 is for SD stations only. We love our new set up and I will be posting pics soon.

J&B
Sorry about the typo. The SK3003 is for SD only. SK3005 is for HD and SD receiving all of the HD stations DTV offers. Sweet
2005 CCD International 28 foot
B&J is offline   Reply With Quote