Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Ormond Beach , Florida
Running Solar Wiring

This may be a very stupid question...
I am about to embark on the installation of solar on my 27' FB International. I have read many posts on the way many of you have done this install. It seems that one of the biggest headaches in this process is running the heavy guage wire from the drop point to the forward batteries.
My question then is why can't you create your own "chase" from the point of (for example) the exit from the bottom of the refrigerator vent pipe to the front wiring area?
I was thinking of something like an aluminum chase that could be riveted on to the underside which you could run conduit in.
I was thinking that you could use the 3M VHB plus some pop rivets in SS to afix the chase to the bottom of the AS. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Mikec1231 is offline   Reply With Quote