Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2003, 11:25 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Kalama , Washington
roof wire route

Anyone done a solar panel install that used the refer vent to route the wire? I will use 8ga in a pvc conduit. Negotiating the splash guard and entering the vent has me scratching that place that hair used to be. Any advice and/or pics would be much appreciated.
nwclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Is it not prewired for solar

My 2003 International has solar prewire. According to my manual, the end that connects to the panel is coiled above the bedroom ceiling light. There is a connection point for a solar controller behind the pantry.

I'm surprised that yours would not be similarly prepared.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Kalama , Washington
John -- Sorry I didn't see your reply from last month. Was out of town. We did accomplish the solar hookup (described in a reply to Jace) with a good deal of difficulty.Pleased with the appearance and operational results. Our manual and AS Tech Support agreed on where to find the prewire ends... and they were there, however 'prewire' is a bit of a misnome, since we were on our own to get from the refer comp. to the s-panel (the dragon in our path was that refer vent ... heavy breathing, epithets and shed blood dispatched the beast). All's well that ... you know. Sounds like yours will be easier.
Brian
nwclassic is offline   Reply With Quote