Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2003, 03:49 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Replacement running lights 1964 Tradewind

Help, does anyone know where I can get these? Also replacement tail lights?

Thanks, Joanna
JoannaAmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 01:48 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Joanna,
Check with InlandRV. They have most all OEM parts or replicas for the lenses and lights. Grote lights have changed little, so it's possible your local RV dealer would have them as well. The taillights light take a little hunting, though. Good luck in the hunt!
Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 02:41 PM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
The Replacements

Try AirstreamDreams.com, They have them as well or at least a close match.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 03:03 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Joanna

If you are talking about the teardrop style lights, Airstream Dreams has them. If you are talking about the rectangular Grote lights, Airstream Dreams has an exact replacement, and Inland RV has a knockoff replacement.

With respect to the taillights, you probably have the Bargman 99 lenses (aka, the "tiered wedding cake" style). In 9 months of looking, the only source I've found for a true replacement is Airstream Dreams. Be prepared to wait, however. I was on a wait list for 7 months, and I finally received the lenses last week. They are a very nice quality replacement.

I have noticed that AD removed these lenses from their website, (high demand/long wait list), so you might have to inquire whether they are adding names to the wait list. I understand that they have a new supplier, so hopefully, production will increase to meet the demand.

Inland RV sells 2 types of replacement taillight lenses, neither of which is tiered. One uses regular bulbs, and the other uses LED lights. The LED lights are much brighter than the others.

Good Luck!

Tom
63flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1964, 1964 tradewind