Old 01-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #15
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
If all the posts that say the red led means reversed polarity are correct them my cord must be defective. The red light has always been lit my cord since new. I have reverse polarity detection both on my external surge protector and also on an outlet in the trailer which both show normal polarity. I always assumed the red light was a "power on" indicator.

Ken

Old 01-03-2015, 07:03 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB International
Ken, well your post is the most comforting... I think. The red light definitely indicates a fault but maybe it's indicating that the fault is within the head and it cannot guarantee that it's sensing a polarity reversal. How big of a problem is reverse polarity though... are campgrounds electrical systems that shoddy? Wouldn't a polarity reversal be indicative only of a really lousy electrician?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #17
Rivet Master

The dealer says its a faulty cord. There is a recall on it and they will inspect and likely replace the cord and anything else that is associated with it. They have been fantastic to work with so far.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseav View Post
The dealer says its a faulty cord. There is a recall on it and they will inspect and likely replace the cord and anything else that is associated with it. They have been fantastic to work with so far.
What year and model trailer do you have? Perhaps I also have a defective cord. Although in my case it's not hurting any thing.

Ken
Old 01-08-2015, 03:50 AM   #19
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Only men believe their defects aren't hurting anything. This is the reason for wives.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #20
Rivet Master

I have a 2015 Intl Signature 25FB. Took it to the dealer, they tested it using a different cord and determined it was a faulty cord. There is a recall on the Furion system but mine was fixed prior to delivery. This is unrelated. I didn't bother to get a new cord... If a false red condition is so common, what's the point in having an indicator? I might take it up with Furion direct at some point.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:54 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseav View Post
I have a 2015 Intl Signature 25FB. Took it to the dealer, they tested it using a different cord and determined it was a faulty cord. There is a recall on the Furion system but mine was fixed prior to delivery. This is unrelated. I didn't bother to get a new cord... If a false red condition is so common, what's the point in having an indicator? I might take it up with Furion direct at some point.
I'll probably go back to believing it's a light to tell me when the power is on.

Ken
Old 01-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Sounds good to me! Red is right! Errr something.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2013 22' FB Sport
Seal Rock , Oregon
I've noticed over the last 5 months that the blue light on my cord has ceased to work. I have never seen a red light on my cord. Is there a fix to get the blue light back on? My cord is 1 1/2 years old now.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Get in touch with Furion direct. That's my advice. That's probably outside of their warranty but I'm not sure. I think the light is pretty worthless and for as many problems as I'm hearing of with them, they may end up facing a class action lawsuit over it eventually. Maybe mention that when you call and they'll probably send you a couple cords. .
Old 01-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Update on my cord: it now shows neither light. Completely gone. The blue light at the receptacle on the RV side does work though.