Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari S/O
Bountiful , UT
progressive industries hardwire 30 amp

Looking for help on this install. I have a very basic grasp of electrical wiring. Where would be the appropriate location to hardwire the surge protector? Would it be as close to the exterior trailer 30 amp plug in as possible? Possibly just prior to the breaker panel? Another location? I have tried to remove the 30 amp trailer plug in hopes of adding about 18-24 inches of wire to the plug and pulling the existing wire to a usable location inside the storage area. I could not separate the plug to gain access to the wires behind the plug. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted. Photos would be a great help. The trailer is a 2005 28 foot safari with a slide out. I'm not sure how to upload pictures at this time. What is a URL for a photo? Regards, Russ
56ovalwindow is offline   Reply With Quote