Old 04-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1986 25' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Picking up '86 sovereign at JC and no power

We picked up our AS from the factory on Thursday. Went over all work with technician. Had a bit of a problem when we hooked up our AS and plugged in the 7 way cord into our TV but no power to AS. The technicians said the batteries were dead from sitting around off and on for 6 months at the factory. They tested the TV power outlet and said no juice to the AS batteries. I didn't have my Ford TV owners manual but none of the fuses appeared problematic.
One of the techs plugged a shoreline to the AS but still no power. I was getting worried.
Then one of the AS supervisors came out and said the shoreline wasn't plugged in correctly. Got interior lights and running lights. So, I pulled off. As soon as we left, the lights were extremely dim. I didn't know whether to go back to the service center or not and decided to go on the 125 miles to Cincinnati.
Today, two days later, lights inside the AS all work after having the AS on a shoreline. Started up the TV and plugged in the 7 way plug and all lights worked including running lights with and without shoreline.
We had a new 3 stage converter put in so maybe there just wasn't enough juice to power the lights through the TV.
Does the TV 7way plug go through the battery to the AS running lights? That would account for the low to no lights after leaving the factory. Today the running lights worked with the TV running and off, with the shoreline plugged in or not.

Any thoughts?

Ssmookler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I think your batteries are probably shot from being dead that long. They might charge up for a while but once they have been dead for such a long time they are on borrowed time. I expect all of the output from the converter was going into charging the batteries.

perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote