Old 04-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
1958 26' Overlander
Princeton , Minnesota
outlet and light problem

Have 1958 26ft Overlander with half the outlets dead and some interior lights also out. Can anyone help me?

Rosibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Lights are generally 12 volts DC so for them to work you need a battery installed and switched on or the converter plugged in and working. Might be as simple as corrosion in the bulb sockets or dead bulbs.

Outlets are 120 volts AC and for those to work you need to be plugged into shore power or a generator. If some work and others don't, the first thing I would do is find the AC circuit breaker panel and reset all the breakers (switch them off and then back on). Your trailer is old enought that it may have fuses so if it does you'll need to check those instead.

n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
1958 26' Overlander
Princeton , Minnesota
AC outlet problem

The only fuses are up front behind couch/bed and seem to be related to a radio/tv system. Have looked aft for some type of breaker. No sign of anything. I posted sometime last year under a different name and was told to look under back sink or closet or try to follow AC plug from the outside and could find nothing.
Rosibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Your coach probably still has the original Univolt converter. I would start at the battery location, look and listen for something humming. The converter is typically located near the battery and the AC power panel may be in the same area. The humming will only be there if you are plugged into shore power and the converter is powered.
Not being familiar with the layout. I can only give you clues. In my '74 Argosy, the converter and AC panel were located in the street side rear closet. Way back in the corner. A real bitch to get to.
The converter may have the 12 volt fuse panel built into the end. Look for a cover with a knob that hinges down.
Does the coach have a compartment in the back below the window or a small compartment forward of the rear bumper. Either way, look in there, it may give you a clue on where the wiring goes.
Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote