Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #1

Olathe , Kansas
New Electrical Layout - 1967 Safari

Gang,

I need some help/advise. I recently purchased a 1967 Safari that has had pretty much all the exterior work completed and new electrical wiring installed, but PO didn't have the time or desire to finish, so I'm picking this up in the middle.

Looking to get the electrical figured out first and need some confirmation on the plan.

At first I thought I would install some solar panels, but the roof on the 22 footer just doesn't seem like enough to justify the expense, so we will relay on shore/generator or battery power.

The attached pic is my current understanding of how things need to be wired up and connected.

Seems like the Go Power products have gotten pretty good reviews, so I was looking at the 30 AMP Transfer Switch, GPC-35-Max Smart Battery Charger, and probably their 2000 watt pure sine inverter.

The PO had already purchased a Progressive Dynamics PD4500 that he included in the purchase, I believe that it the battery charger, but it is big and I think I'm going to purchase one without the control center integrated into it.

So I guess I'm looking to get some confirmation from the folks that are much more knowledgable on these items if I am on the right track or are their things that I'm not considering.

Been doing a lot of reading, but I'm not going to lie this is a bit confusing and I appreciate any insight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.55.48 AM.png
Views:	161
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	242022  
schnetzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1967, 1967 safari