Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1999 28' Excella
Macon , Georgia
Need onsite guy to fix electrical issue in GA

So, finally moved the 1999 Excella to the farm in Georgia where it will remain stationary. Got the electrical company to set up new box next to camper. Took camper there with the hopes of getting the AC/fan to finally run (It was working just fine when I picked the camper up) and nothing. The seller that I purchased it from installed a Duo-Therm Brisk Air unit. The Unit On green light would come on but nothing else. If I pressed the mode on the remote control switch, the green light would start blinking. After that, I went to messing with the fridge. It seemed like at first it was working fine but when I pressed the AES auto switch, it went the Gas mode light came on for a second, and the circuit breaker popped. It did it two more times. I don't really understand that because its hooked up to the main shore power. I had the electrician come out who installed the meter and box, he confirmed that power was on. He checked the outlets in the camper and they all had power. His guess was that something was wrong with the switch that converts from 200 to 12 (or 12 to 120, something along those lines.) He of course had no idea where to look in the camper. He checked my battery it showed 13 on his gadget which he said was okay. Do you all have any ideas/suggestions? Is there anyone in the middle ga area who will come out to where the camper is located? Camping world in middle ga were no help on the phone after I mentioned airstream.

Reza
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
1990 29' Land Yacht
Vintage Kin Owner
Americus , Alsrural Bristol Tn.
Where in Ga are U?
Jim & Mitzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
1990 29' Land Yacht
Vintage Kin Owner
Americus , Alsrural Bristol Tn.
Check the AS umbilical plug. Could be a problem.
Jim & Mitzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Verify that the electrician wired the plug for the airstream correctly. It supposed to be 120 volts if it's a 30 amp connection.

Electricians are famous for wiring it up as a 220 volt stove outlet. That will fry things!

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote