Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
seattle , Washington
need advice on range light and fan repair

Our first trip in a new 2015 27' FC FB. Neither the fan or light come on. At first the operation was sometimes on or no response. I removed the grease trap screen and shook the wires, there was intermittent on/off. I removed holder and checked fuse it was ok. There are there going into trailer wall, white, black and green. I gently pulled on the wires but no connecter. I stopped. Do I need to remove hood from the bottom of overhead cabinet or can I get wire connecter thru the trailer wall if I keep working at it. You mite ask why don't I take it back to dealer because it is warranty work. That's a big effort and if I can repair it myself that would be the best for me.
reddogboyce is offline   Reply With Quote