Angel Fire , New Mexico
Is this a possible replacement?

Furrion 30A Non-Detachable Powersmart Cord

leoks2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1969 23' Safari
Blenheim , Ontario
Any Rv outlet should have a molded 30 amp 110 V power cord. Could check Voltec Power & Lighting.

Cyquest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #17
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Originally Posted by leoks2013 View Post
I am looking for the same thing. I wondered if there were a longer cord/plug that can be purchased and wire the whole thing on. I haven't had luck finding a good replacement either, just the cheap ones you are talking about. If you find one will you let me know and I will do the same??
Getting a longer cord is pretty easy. Simply buy a 50' 30 amp extension cord, cut the female end off, and wire it in to the breaker panel. You'll have a new 45' cord, rather than the old 30' cord.
Beware of some of the new detachable cords, they are now 25', rather than standard 30'.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I had this happen to me on the road a few years ago (previous trailer, non AS.)

My first thought was to just try and do a splice job on the side of the road to keep going (I always carry lots of tools, soldering iron. etc.) But in the end I was able to carry on down the highway with no brakes or lights to an RV repair shop where they were able to replace the whole cable and plug right back to the junction box - a much better resolution.

They did this while we had lunch and we were on our way again within a couple of hours.

Don't recall the cost but it was very reasonable - certainly not worth my while in some car park with a soldering iron and shrink tubes trying to splice the old cable! I think it might have cost me around $100 total.

On the Airstream though, I'm not sure how easy it is to get to the junction box with the belly pan being there.

The longer I have the Airstream, I have doubts about how good and idea that belly pan is, especially if you need to get at waste tank valves, wiring, etc.

As well, with the salt we get on the roads up here, the rivets are always rotting away and panels starting to drop down - I seem to have to replace rivets (adding large washers due to the corrosion of the panels) every time we take the trailer out!

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote