Old 08-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

light switch

I stumbled across something odd in my "new" airstream yesterday. I noticed when I turn off the light switch above the mid bed it turns off all three overhead light in home, the radio installed in front overhead cabinet and fan in living ceiling. What do you make of that? Did Airstream do this or a previous owner, any ideas?
Also, does anyone know where I can get my removable radio looked at? I know the speakers work because they buzz when I turn the radio on, but I can't get any radio stations to tune in. In fact, I can't even get static.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio under Console.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	8404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Above Mid Bed Fixtures and Switches.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	8405  

Old 08-18-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Kill switch sounds like a great idea for us forgetful folks. Does the radio have an antennea?

Old 08-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

radio

Yes, I do have an antenna on the hitch/curb side. Do you have any idea how I could check to see if it is connected without taking off any panels? The radio can be removed just like old car radios you use to install yourself (would slide into a slot), but I don't have anywhere to test it, any ideas?
Old 08-19-2004, 09:06 PM   #4

1972 29' Ambassador
Sumner , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by happier
Yes, I do have an antenna on the hitch/curb side. Do you have any idea how I could check to see if it is connected without taking off any panels? The radio can be removed just like old car radios you use to install yourself (would slide into a slot), but I don't have anywhere to test it, any ideas?
You can go ahead and remove the radio from the trailer. Take it to a location where you can get good reception (radio reception is not too good inside a metal trailer) and 12VDC. Then insert a bare copper wire into the antenna connection. You should begin to pickup some radio stations if the radio is functioning. If you get no broadcast signal then something is wrong with your radio. Another option is to take it to a automobile and try to connect the radio cable to it. The radio antenna is easy to reach on some of the older vehicles.
Good luck!
Tom
Old 08-19-2004, 09:10 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

radio

The power supply to the radio is part of the bracket that it plugs into along with the antenna and speaker connections. There are only holes in the back of the actual radio when I remove it.