Old 10-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2016 19' Flying Cloud
Denham Springs , Louisiana
So sorry, George. I have been looking into this AppleTV solution and when Roku box was mentioned, I thought they might help me with my situation. Just call it a sub-thread. These threads don't tend to get very long anyway.

wareaglewalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
I guess I helped move it In another direction too...

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds":

TV: 2013 Ford Raptor SVT
Build Page:
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Originally Posted by wareaglewalt View Post
Speaking of AppleTV, how do you use yours? I was considering using ours to stream video via AirPlay from iPhone. AppleTV needs a wireless network for this, but I'm thinking not necessarily an internet connection. So possibly I could use an inexpensive wireless router and set up a wireless network to satisfy the AppleTV but not have a connection to the internet. How do others use a video streaming player like AppleTV, Roku, etc. without an internet connection?
We use an old Netgear 3G Broadband Wireless Router MBR624GU That we bought many years ago when we used an AT&T Aircard for internet access. I stream from my iPhone and we use it to connect to our Epson wireless printer both in the trailer and at home. Very handy. No internet connection required.

If you are on a data plan, such as Verizon, and you connect to your
AppleTV or printer using your iPhone as a hot spot or your MIFI, the connection will use your data plan when transferring data to those devices. Using a WIFI router with no internet connection is a better deal for those with earlier AppleTV without bluetooth, or when printing or scanning. Scanning uses a load of data.

Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:39 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2004 22' International CCD
2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Regarding streaming video to the TV, if you have a Roku product, you can use Plex to stream video files stored on your laptop to the TV. Plex is an app you can run on the Roku, and on your laptop to feed videos to it.
lbdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
2004 22' International CCD
2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Thanks for everyone's suggestions on the covered electrical socket. I have asked the dealer to confirm with his factory rep that there is power in there before I cut into it. I took it apart partway and it does look like there are two identical power lines, one for each plug in the 2-plug socket. It's just annoying and inelegant to have to hack away at a plug.
If AS had a liability issue, they could have used the kind of sliding covers for sockets that are common in houses with young children.

That branching power cord with the 90 plug is also nice.
And I do realize I can put a plug multiplier on it, but I want to keep the appearance as simple and close to the wall as possible...

lbdesign is offline   Reply With Quote