Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Pensacola , Florida
Inteli power or Xantrex

Hello everyone. I was curious what everyone would suggest, Intelipower 70 amp or Xantrex true charge 60 amp for my 1975 31' ...thanks for any advice
RandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
I replaced the Univolt with the Xantrex unit for our 28 footer. We have only the two Group 27 batteries, so I felt the 40 amp unit would do.

If you're trying to run lots of 12 volt stuff when plugged into shore power, the larger amp rating might be a better choice.

I've only used it twice since installing it, but it's quietly doing it job for us, and the batteries are 'floating' properly.

Got mine from Best Converter.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyG View Post
Hello everyone. I was curious what everyone would suggest, Intelipower 70 amp or Xantrex true charge 60 amp for my 1975 31' ...thanks for any advice
RandyG,

Don't forget the several other options available to you like the Parallax Paramode with temperature compensation and the WFCO units. Your best bet would be to give Randy a call at Best Converter.... BestConverter - Converters, Inverters, Electrical Supplies, Electronics.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, electrical, univolt, intelli-power