Old 02-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2015 20' Flying Cloud
huntington beach , California
Installing new light fixtures

I want to change the light fixture in my 2015 20' AS in the sitting area above the kitchen table to a mini chandalier, is it as simple as purchasing the fixture at Home Depot to the one i want. Or do i need a special low voltage fixture for the trailer ? Any help is appreciated Cheers!

Hbjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
YES, you need a special low voltage fixture for your Airstream.

The existing interior lights in your Flying Cloud are wired for 12-volt DC automotive (or LED) bulbs. The Home Depot fixture is most likely 120-volts AC. (Does the Home Depot fixture plug in the wall at home? If it does, it's wired for 120 VAC.) So, you'll probably need to replace the bulbs and socket(s).

You may be able to cannibalize the parts from the old fixture, and modify them as necessary to fit in the new one. Alternately, you can shop for a lighting fixture at an RV store; e.g., Camping World.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Suggest you check out IKEA. They have a very big selection of lighting and recently went to all items being low energy use. So they may have what you want.

I have no experience personally, just heard this recently.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:45 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member
mumbai , Wisconsin
I would suggest that you have a look at the products catalogue presentd by Shopelect online. They have a vast range of led lighting, switchgears, industrial motors from top manufacturing brands.
twinklerai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member
1994 30' Excella
Truckee , California
Actually, 120v. fixtures will work in your Airstream. I've put 3 in mine. All you need are 12v bulbs, which are made in both medium (standard incandescent) and candelabra base. You can buy them here:
bganso is offline   Reply With Quote