Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Osogofind

1975 25' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
Installing inverter and battery backup inside

Hello,
I'm weighing ( literally) my options of putting in battery backup sealed AGM and Kyocera inverter inside my airstream. It would be in the rear under the bed ( remodeled 75 land yacht- the bedroom is in the rear)...I have a good 2'clearance and a ton of dead space.

The weight would be about 150 lb extra with batts and inverter.

Is this too much?

My alternative is to build a portable battery box and inverter to plug the main power into.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Bwilson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Charlevoix , Michigan
The important thing to remember when adding weight to your AS is to ensure it does not negatively impact your tongue weight. Depending on where you choose to locate this extra weight (too far forward = too much weight on vehicle, too far back = not enough weight on the hitch) it should be fine. Put the extra weight over the axels and you don't have to worry about tongue weight.
trekerboy is offline   Reply With Quote