Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
Auburn , California
I got my new 9245 intelipower today. Did a quick check on this websight and found this thread. Took me less than 15 minutes to wire it in after seeing the picture above. All is working well! Thanks

CaravelBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2007 23' International CCD
Hemet , California
I am considering replacing the Univolt 50amp (boiled some batteries in the past so unhooked it and haven't used it since.....just let the solar panels charge the batts) converter/charger since it doesn't have the ability to do staged charging like the Intelli units. My trailer is parked alongside the north side of the house and gets lots of shade during the winter so it must be plugged into the house during the winter months.
I noted that several of you are using the 45 amp model and someone somewhere else used the 60amp. Which one should I use?
Mine is a 1992 25ft Excella. I was leaning toward going to the 60 amp "just in case".

Gary & Susan Norgan
2007 International 23ft Ocean Breeze
Hemet, CA
"The key to flexibility is indecision"
GoldFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:05 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
Go larger in capacity, rather than the same or smaller. Electrical needs tend to grow over time. Also, a maxed out unit will more likely fail sooner than an over-rated unit running at partial capacity. My 2 cents worth.
"Not all who are laundering are washed" say Bill & Heidi

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
brooklyn park , Minnesota
univolt to IP 9160

I have acquired a intellipwer 9160 w/plug in charge wizard ( with no insructions) to replace the original univolt in my 65 caravel. the wires from the univolt are all the same color, but your pics seem to indicate that the wires going TO the UV can be figured out. mine look just like the ones in the previous posts. I have 6 wires connected to the UV (they go into the holes in the wall and 2 heavy stranded wires connected to the wiring mess directly from the battery w/a 40 amp fuse on each one. I assume these go to the 12v system? thanks for any help! joe in MN
joqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
brooklyn park , Minnesota
IP converter

Originally Posted by john hd View Post
yes that is correct!

what terry is trying to tell you is to make sure the polarity is correct!

my 65 caravel is has identical cables coming out of the wall to the univolt. if one of those is 120V and 2 are 12VDC, why do I have 2 more wires connected to battery and that mystery box of tangled wire downstream from the univolt. what happened to those 2 12VDC cables? I am thinking that the 120V cable goes back to the 120V breaker box. thanks. joe in MN

joqin is offline   Reply With Quote