Old 07-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Just loosen the clamp, remove the bolt if necessary and spread the two sides by twisting with with a thick screw driver between the part where the bolt goes through. Or find something something thick enough to allow you to pry the sides apart. The clamp will just fall off

JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB International
Longview , Texas
take camera take picture of battery, go to auto parts store get battery deal with interstate when you get to one. if they won't honor bitch to home office.

Wayne Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I would get my info together on the battery replacement if possible, call Interstate and speak with 1-888-772-3600 M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central Time and let them know what has happened as a company then contact where you got them and tell them.

Inform them that you are in need of a fix prior to returning and see what they say.

I was on the road last month when my inverter burned up. Needless to say I was boon docking and had more days to go. I ended up chucking the warrantied inverter due to the send it back, let us look at it to determine failure and send a new unit fix--wait. I bought a new one. Perhaps you will have a better time of it with batteries.
2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Safety issues depend on how 'loose' the batt post is...

If you can turn it side to side, the post is tearing loose from the plates inside and could 'arc' inside if an electrical load is present... Hydrogen gas could then explode casuing damage to the battery and acid to coat the compartment... In that event flood the area with lots of clean water to wash away... Baking soda will help neturalize the weak acid solution...,

A loose post on a new battery is almost always a mfg defect & should be honored at any dealer carrying that brand... You would normally have to have exerted lots of twisting effort to break a post loose... I havent seen a loose post in my batt biz for some time, its rather rare unless one uses unusual force....

Mexray is offline   Reply With Quote