Old 11-05-2004, 02:52 AM   #15
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Vespa!
Sharp Aquos FlatScreen!

You guys are talking about stuff in my DREAMS! I want a Vespa so bad, my teeth ache! Or a "Scarabeo"---OMGoodness.
Here's a website with scooters that have 'chairs'...for some who are afraid they'll fall off. There's 3-wheels and one 4-wheeler.
http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/buy..._scooters.cfm?adv=goto&tar=scooter&gtse=goto&gtkw=scooter&OVRAW= Volapucella%20Scooters&OVKEY=scooter&OVMTC=advance d
There's a Scooter "Lift"...and a Scooter "Carrier"/ "Tilt-A-Rack"...WOW!
http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/match.cfm?type=7&pagenum=1&sort=P&acctype=1665&ram p_type=any&chairtire_type=any&tire_type=any&diamet er=any&width=any&mm=any&medicare=any
This would hold several bicycles, a Harley, OR one of the Scooters (like the Scarabeo).

Anyway...back to the Cable/Phone Hookups...I found a hole with wires going down through the hole! Not the Cable or Phone, but they are coiled up right by it. Could this be it? It's in the back-bedroom, on the floor, at the far-back of the tiny little full-length (tall) closet---STREET SIDE---and the phone & cable 'cords' are wound up in the cupboard NEXT to it.

Whatever,,,it will be a nightmare (a very expensive one for ME) to have a mechanic troubleshoot an electrical problem---if that's where they all go. I know I want to 'pull' the cable and phone wires (from the Salon area) clear-through the 30-some feet and replace with new 'monster' wires.

I am going to make a completely new Cable & Phone Hook up...which will be accessible from the outside,,,AND from the inside...without having to reach the 'opposite side'. It will have nothing to do with the "HOLE" I just found. I will post photos on here when I'm done. I've done part of it...but want it to be close to being done before I post pix. It's accessible through one of the side compartment drop-down doors.

I appreciate all the input...(excuse the pun)...and hope there'll be more---especially photos.

N E ways, check out the links for the scooters guys. There's also some great models on eBaY.
I'm still looking for a link on the Scooter of my dreams....Aprilia/Scarabeo, Italjet/Piaggio & of course, the Vespa. 2-Wheelers OF course! (before I get to the point, I need the 4-wheel.)

Old 11-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

vespa and cable

Hi Guys...Gosh, Cat, you started this thread and I was hoping you had found the magic, uh, hole for those wires . I do have an antenna which I have yet to use...that may be good enough for a while.

This is kind of embarrassing but my vespa (150 cc 4 stroke) has only 8 miles on it. Yep, brand new, and it started raining up here as soon as I bought it so I haven't ridden it much (understatement of the year!). But this week I'm taking the Vespa and the Van to a truck accessories place and they will outfit the van so that I can carry the scooter. John, I will let you know what we come up with and post pictures. Unfortunately, I can't find any way around having someone always help me load the scooter - it weighs about 230 lbs and is a little heavy for me to ramp up on my own. I could install a lift on the side of the van but I don't have the bucks for that. I plan on using the vespa as my main mode of transportation once I'm in sunnier climes. Stay tuned (haha...Cat, another pun).

1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:16 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepdx
One drawback to this idea is that I won't be able to fool around on the computer while I watch t.v....may force me to have the tv on less...dang!
With PCTV USB2 you can watch TV shows in full-screen mode or in a moveable, scaleable window, which lets you enjoy TV while you use other applications.

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:44 AM   #18
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Portland rain

[QUOTE=nettepdx]Hi Guys...Gosh, Cat, you started this thread and I was hoping you had found the magic, uh, hole for those wires . I do have an antenna which I have yet to use...that may be good enough for a while.
I plan on using the vespa as my main mode of transportation once I'm in sunnier climes. Stay tuned (haha...Cat, another pun).[/
QUOTE]

I've been thinking about getting a Vespa or an Aprilia (scooter) for my main forum of transport...but thought it might be a little tough to tow Bear with!!! (haha (my turn!)...

& what "sunnier climes" are those, pray tell! Sunnier than PORTLAND>>.say it isn't so! I spent a very wet honeymoon there on Sandy Boulevard...it rained so bad, we couldn't even find the Grotto with the famous Rose Garden.

Yes, I've been waiting for more help on the place for the Cable & Phone jack connections...but I figure most people have read this by now,,,and no one has come up with a solution any better than the one I've come up with myself. I think my idea (design) is pretty awesome and will share it with you ALL...as soon as I'm done with it...and can show the progression of photos. I'm about 1/2 way done, and showing those (so far) would only serve to confuse the viewer.

Thanx for noticing...and good luck with your 'rig' to put your Vespa on your truck. (If you send me the pictures, I might be able to design something for you... ---that's my business---.) Let me know what John says---KEEP ME TUNED IN.
................Cat (at your service, "Wizard & Consierge Extra Ordinaire"
Old 11-08-2004, 02:57 AM   #19
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepdx
Hi Guys...Gosh, Cat, you started this thread and I was hoping you had found the magic, uh, hole for those wires . I do have an antenna which I have yet to use...that may be good enough for a while.
&
[QUOTE]I have the same dilemma. Been full-timing for a week now and figuring out
one system at a time...except for this one! My cable connection is
curbside, in the cabinet above the sink, and I have no idea how to get to it from the outside. I guess I could call the PO.....but I'd rather check with you
guys.

I have another tv question and will throw it in here....Have any of you
used your laptop as a tv? In an effort to save space and $$, I'm thinking
about getting a tuner to attach to my laptop. The computer, by the way, has a great screen and DVD so a tv/dvd combo seems a little redundant. Any
ideas?
[QUOTE]

I'm running out of strength again...it's almost 1am here. but, I want to finish replying to you '''ANNETTE'...I finally figured out your name. BUT, I COULD NOT FIND THE POST THAT WAS SENT ME BY THE FORUM...(the last one above 'quoted'). TO ADDRESS THAT:
1. Your Antenna is a different subject than the cable & phone jacks. I'm not sure where mine comes in. I'll know soon, because my mechanic is doing an all-over check for everything so I can 'christen' BEAR.
2. The exit of my PRESENT cable & phone "CORDS" seems to be in a hole in the floor...THAT'S THE WAY THEY DID IT WITH AN EXCELLA!!!? Unbelievable! As I said in a prevous post in this thread...THAT'S going to CHANGE!
3. The Audio/Visual subject...(different thread?) ...I was so interested in this topic (Annette---why don't you---? WEBMASTER?) START A NEW THREAD FOR THIS? ...N E ways, I was so interested in it, I copied most of the posts about it...to a document. I've attached it here Annette, so you can do like I am, print it out and refer to it.
START THE NEW THREAD!!
...............Cat
P.S....Oh...CR__ ! The Forum will NOT allow me to attach a "WORD" document to this post. (I tried 5 different ways---NO GO!) WEBMASTER??
I have the document for anyone who wants it---a synopsis of this thread in text forum (for ease of reading---& printing)...
just Private Message me...or better yet "EMAIL" me at <tinlizzy8131@yahoo.com>
& I'll attach it to an email to you from Yahoo.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #20
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Ahem! Ahem!
Another thread for scooters please?
(Like, I post about something unrelated to the thread I posted on, and someone PMs me & tells me they've moved my post...! Doesn't this go for everyone? )

Back on the subject...
AND BELIEVE ME I LOVE SCOOTERS (I want an Aprilia!!

But, guys, I was just ready to read more on how others have put their cable and phone cords out without cooling the whole house up! Then, someone brings up TV watching on laptops.

Ok..that's cool.. but my laptop cost me a bundle...and I'd rather wear out mine for just 'puter use...not for dual-duty. I already have an HDTV ready Flatscreen TV...and yes I can watch a movie on my laptop, but hook a tuner up to make it show network TV...? I'll FIND room! somehow! (for both).

BESIDES, THINK OF ALL THE BLINKIDDY BLANK cords!!

I hate cords all over! I'd rather have extra components around, without lots of cords...then have extra cords coming out of my laptop. As it is, i have a CORDLESS/WIRELESS keyboard for my laptop AND an AIR MOUSE (which I haven't even tried yet)...and GETTING THESE, I HAD TO GET A USB extender called a "Zip-Linq". It's pretty cool---it gives my puter 10 feet of distance between whatever is hookup & my computer. My laptop's housing made enough of a 'bump' so that the USB port wasn't accessible by the other male connectors (printer; camera; scanner; etc.). Now it is, but the cord is retractable...so if the distance isn't required, it stays inside the little round 'thingy-mabob".

I also have one of those little personal video players (that's all it does is PLAY). But, I can record something on a disk and then watch it in bed on my little Samsung player (I love that thing!) OR, I can watch a rented/owned DVD movie on it too. I lay it on it's side propped on a pillow by my head and watch away while I'm laying down. When I get to sleepy to watch, I just shut it off and set it on my nightstand. (GOOD SLEEPING PILL )

Regarding the phone & cable cords access:
Do you guys remember me mentioning the Cat Door I'm making? Well, it's all framed in (double walled) at that roadside 'dropleaf access door' on that side...and when that door is open, the 'wall' remains----& there's NO draft, no COLD air that can get in (except when I let the cat use the catdoor).
Well, there's a tiny little brass hole for the door-drop chain (for me to drop the door) to allow the cat to use the cat-door (in & out)... and now with all this talk about the phone and cable cable...I'm thinking ...WATCH OUT...CAT'S THINKING!!!

I'm thinking about making 2 OTHER HOLES, with RUBBER tubes instead of the brass ones...(the catdoor chain has brass tubes)...1 rubber one for the phone cord, and 1 rubber one for the TV cable; tight enough to also prevent cold air from coming in.

yeah...that's the ticket!
Whatja think? ok...grease my palm! ...I'm a designer remember! & a broke one at that! (now I know why)----I just gave you a NEAT DESIGN!...one that Airstream should have thought of! At least I think it's neat...maybe you guys can't 'see' it. but, I can.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #21
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Hi, Cat,

On my 79 Excella 500 there is a short plug to right and slightly to the rear of the bottom mounted spare tire. Inside, it goes to an old style phone junction box just to right of the fuse panel and behind the sliding doors. Outlets were in the credenza and beside the TV/12 VDC panel between the rear twins.

I unelaborately run both my phone wire and cable out through the fridge access door. I've been meaning to get fancier about that, but it's a contest to see what I can fix and what it can break, so so far I'm still repairing instead of upgrading.

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #22
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
I've finally figured out where the litter box is going!
I'm going to design a space at the foot of my bed in the back room, accessible through the back 'trap-door' (to clean out etc.).... There'll be a pine frame for the bed, which will frame-in the back trapdoor 'compartment'. There I'll put in another kitty door...for her to have entrance to the "Litter Compartment" from inside the bedroom...get it? I'll barely hear her use the little box...and there'll be no smell either. I'll keep the little handi-vac in the compartment tucked back against the 'wall'...to vacuum it out when I 'change' the litterbox---from OUTSIDE through the trapdoor. Never will see the litterbox from the inside!...See!?! & No shower issue! ;o)
How's that?

And I've figured out about the TV Cable and phone cord too. I posted this in that thread...and can't find it. So, if anyone knows how to find it...let me know here please?

Thanx.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #23
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Hi, Cat,
On my 79 Excella 500 there is a short plug to right and slightly to the rear of the bottom mounted spare tire. Inside, it goes to an old style phone junction box just to right of the fuse panel and behind the sliding doors. Outlets were in the credenza and beside the TV/12 VDC panel between the rear twins.
I unelaborately run both my phone wire and cable out through the fridge access door. I've been meaning to get fancier about that, but it's a contest to see what I can fix and what it can break, so so far I'm still repairing instead of upgrading. --Lamar

Hi Lamar---& Hi Annette
Thanx for your imput.
I'm trying to visualize all you guys said, and I'll try to find the ones you mentioned Lamar. But, you'd think in the 6 years I've been doing this...I'd have seem them by now. My spare tire is mounted UNDER the Goucho couch at the hitch end. Is that where you mean? My fuse panel is IN my wardrobe closet in the hall & plus I don't have twin beds.
NOW THE FRIDGE ACCESS DOOR is interesting. I found a couple of wires feed THRU there...but one burned itself onto the aluminum 'floor' of the back of the refrig...and my mechanic shrugged his shoulders ("dunno what that was!" says he as he cuts them)...oh well...good help's hard to find eh?

The phone cord and cable cords are all curled up in the bedroom cupboard like they went through that hole in the floor. But, I'd rather cover that hole up with a piece of aluminum...and run them out like I mentioned above.

ANY COMMENTS?...PLEASE!!!
............Cat
Old 08-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Celina , Ohio
Me too...we have a 97 Safari and cannot locate exterior hook-up for cable and telephone. Where is it ? Only had this AS for a few weeks but I need to know the answer to this issue.....HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
cut up a dog flea collar and put it in your compartments, all of them including waterheater and fridge. This will keep the spiders and insects out.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Celina , Ohio
Found the TV & Phone hookups....it was in the rear bumper !!!