Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Question Ground fault circut breaker

My frig stopped working on A/C and during trouble shooting, found the bath area plug not working. I plugged the frig into another circuit and it works fine.
I then got out my trusty voltage tester and got voltage at both outlets. I don't know how much as the tester is a go - no-go lite and not a meter. If I open the ground fault circuit breaker, I lose the voltage on the tester. I then used my vacuum cleaner has a load and it would not run when plugged into either of the ground fault circuits even though the tester indicated voltage. I suspect a faulty ground fault circuit breaker?? ///any ideas?
I also discovered the out door receptacle is not on a ground fault circuit.
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Leonardtown , Maryland
A meter will tell you how much voltage you have. You may have enough to "light" the tester light, but not enough to run the frig. A low voltage condition may need some professional help.

I would get another Gnd fault outlet and see if you get same results.

Rebee - WBCCI #1325
2002 Classic Ltd 30'
2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins
Rebee is offline   Reply With Quote