Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Rivet Master
1990 25' Airstream 250
Bluffton , South Carolina
Question Ground fault circut breaker

My frig stopped working on A/C and during trouble shooting, found the bath area plug not working. I plugged the frig into another circuit and it works fine.
I then got out my trusty voltage tester and got voltage at both outlets. I don't know how much as the tester is a go - no-go lite and not a meter. If I open the ground fault circuit breaker, I lose the voltage on the tester. I then used my vacuum cleaner has a load and it would not run when plugged into either of the ground fault circuits even though the tester indicated voltage. I suspect a faulty ground fault circuit breaker?? ///any ideas?
I also discovered the out door receptacle is not on a ground fault circuit.

Pop Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1971 29' Ambassador
Leonardtown , Maryland
A meter will tell you how much voltage you have. You may have enough to "light" the tester light, but not enough to run the frig. A low voltage condition may need some professional help.

I would get another Gnd fault outlet and see if you get same results.

Rebee - WBCCI #1325
2002 Classic Ltd 30'
2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins
Rebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off