Old 10-14-2019, 12:04 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
brookhaven , Georgia
Goal Zero YETI LINK CAR CHARGING KIT

Does anybody have any experience with this? Goal Zero put out a Youtube video showing a connection point under the driver's seat in a Sprinter. If it is possible to simply hook up two wires and then get as much as 750 charging watts going into my GZ 3000, without anything screwing up, then this would be a great product. Currently, I am using a 25 amp fast charger and a standard charger running through the coach inverter while the engine is running. The chargers make heat, not good when it's hot outside, and it's necessary to frequently monitor the process. Higher wattage would be much better and faster. What am I missing?

By the way, I have been using my 3000 at my house to charge my electric lawn mower battery and my Makita/Milwaukee 18 volt batteries. I have a couple of panels making power to charge the 3000, and the tool batteries are running some LED lights in my house. My electric bill was about a third less than it was last time this year. I think that if I put three or four 300 watt panels in the yard, I could keep the input higher than the output and use the Yeti for maybe even something like powering a slow cooker.

coasttocoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Springtown , Texas
If you saved a 1/3 of your bill by charging batteries off your GZ Yeti why not just put panels on the roof and a grid tie inverter and erase the bill altogether?

I don't have a GZ Yeti but it seems to me they are difficult to charge at high current. There are several methods to charge them but with out a high current direct to battery connector it can be slow and cumbersome.
This cable appears to allow up to 40A discharge, not sure if it can accept 40a via this cable though?
2005 Kawasaki KX 85
2018 Can-Am Maverick Trail 800 DPS
CarterKraft is offline   Reply With Quote