Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 PM   #1

2016 27' International
Mayfield , Kentucky
GFCI Breaker keeps tripping

I’ve read other threads but none seem to be solving my problem. I have been plugged into “shore power” (both into a 20A at home and 30A at the campground) and my 20A GFCI breaker in the trailer keeps tripping. I can reset it only to have it trip a few minutes later. Sometimes it will trip with a minute, other times it will wait 10 minutes before tripping. On this circuit is the lavatory receptacle, galley receptacle, outside receptacle, reefer receptacle, main area TV receptacle, dinette receptacle, and blu-Ray player receptacle. Nothing is plugged into any receptacle other than the fridge. However, when I have the fridge in LP mode only, the breaker still trips. Any thoughts? Should I replace with a regular breaker and install GFCI outlets at each location to find the fault? I’ve attached the circuit diagram for your reference. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	046107FE-C18F-4B97-89DB-B9A93A63C345.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	340921  

jbdelapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
1968 17' Caravel
Los Osos , California
Your exterior ac outlet may have moisture. The cover gasket may be letting rain/wash water in and tripping the breaker.

Also, may be a faulty GFI breaker.

SilverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWind View Post
Your exterior ac outlet may have moisture. The cover gasket may be letting rain/wash water in and tripping the breaker.

Agree, on both points. Lucky it is easy to inspect and to fix.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #4

2016 27' International
Mayfield , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWind View Post

Thanks, SilverWind. I figured the GFCI breaker was either bad, or the fault has to be somewhere on that circuit so I've been doing my best to follow it around. It's a relatively newer AS (2016) so I'm not overly concerned there is some bad wiring or a connection issue somewhere. However, I did have the trailer detailed before taking it out last week to the campground. I asked if a pressure washer was used and he assured me there was none used, but maybe a seal was broke on the outside outlet. I'll pull off and may install a GFCI outlet there and normal 20amp breaker (temporarily) to see if the outlet trips first. If nothing happens, I'll work my way down the line with that GFCI outlet to see if I can discover the where the circuit fault is.
jbdelapp is offline   Reply With Quote