Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Harbor freight has gen same specs as costco but 499.00 It is rated at 78 db I only use it at home, or camping at farm in timber. I have genuine honda 5500 gen if needed camping elsewhere also 9oo watt harbor frt. 2cycle very quiet when ac is not needed, will run small micro wave makes coffee [keeps wife happy] toaster, also charge bat. if needed
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post

Generac is noisy. Not Honda like at all unless your talking about a lawn mower.
Too bad I couldn't find a video with a Honda vs Generac. Oh well.
By the way, I don't own a Honda generator, but I've heard them in campgrounds and they are much quiter than this generac model in the video.
I tend to disagree.

I have a Generac 3500XL that is by far quieter than a contractor generator.
Could be because it has a Honda engine, I wonder how it would be compared to a Honda generator?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Paradise Valley , Arizona
You are very correct Mr. ROBERTSUNRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, it's funny [NOT] how many comments he received by just saying that he ordered this generator; That's all he said. He never said where or how he was going to use it.
I do get a chuckle out of it though. I am in search of a Yamaha EF3000iSEB for travel and camping. Any input on where to find a good price on one? Appears to be some price fixing going on as far as the internet goes.

BTW... Costco generator for use on a rural property that has no power, kind of in the middle of the desert.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
kmaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #24
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaggard View Post
I do get a chuckle out of it though. I am in search of a Yamaha EF3000iSEB for travel and camping. Any input on where to find a good price on one? Appears to be some price fixing going on as far as the internet goes.

BTW... Costco generator for use on a rural property that has no power, kind of in the middle of the desert.
Ken, I bought the Yamaha 2800 last month from a local RV dealer. I did a bit of Internet research first, then asked if they were negotiable. I paid right below Internet price. They even allowed me to take it home and test it on the A/C before purchase.
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Posters refer to "cost". I paid $900 for my Honda EU2000 3 years ago. I probably could sell it in a day on craigslist for $600.

So whats the real cost of a quality Honda vs. a throw away generator.
nsbcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #26
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbcpa View Post
So whats the real cost of a quality Honda vs. a throw away generator.
Good point. I would think that the Yamaha would stand up to that test too, though.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Paradise Valley , Arizona
found one

Quote:

I got a used Yamaha EF3000ISEB from craigslist today. Runs like new. I will see what Yamaha says about it's serial number. It was from a guy's father estate so he had no idea how old it was.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
kmaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #28
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
I got a used Yamaha EF3000ISEB from craigslist today. Runs like new. I will see what Yamaha says about it's serial number. It was from a guy's father estate so he had no idea how old it was.
If it's in good shape, the only difference how old it is should matter is if it ever needs parts.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Montgomery , Alabama
I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman in Coleman pop up with a 13.5 AC. He ran it on his Honda 2000 by unplugging the AC from the trailer circuit (easy on a pop up ) and running an extension straight to his Honda. Thus he wasn't running the converter AND the AC at the same time. It worked.

I flipped off the converter switch on the wall of my 1997 and ran my 11.5 as well. There was a drop in the juice as it started, then it ran "in the green" at the highest settings. I didn't run it very long til I consulted with you experts. Any thoughts?

Montgomery, Alabama

follow the Two Bikes and an Airstream blog at https://airgo.blogspot.com
twobikes is offline   Reply With Quote