Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #71
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Still loving our propane-fired Honda EU 2000i Companion.
Who did you purchase it from? How much, and also will it run a 13,500 AC without the Micro Air Easy Start? I thought I read somewhere here that folks were running a single AC 13,500 without the Easy Start?
__________________

__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #72
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,093
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Thanks for the post and update, Airmiles! As for the QD on my AS in front, I thought I would run to town yesterday and just purchase a propane hose with male QD's on both ends, but our little Lincoln HW store does not stock. Now I am heading to Helena later today to Lows or HomeDepot and try to find one. I thought I would just plug mail QD into trailer and into Dual Fuel and go...are you saying you think I need to use an LP regulator inline with this configuration also? I thought the one on the AS line was all I would need? I will be camping at 6k altitude typically up here in Glacier area next week....
No luck with trying to jury-rig with hoses and connections I have with me connecting directly to the AS QD. I can not find female connections here in Banff area, so may have to wait till I get back to US next week. I thought someone mentioned you could get the right hose, connectors, regulator also on line somewhere? If so, can someone please post again. Portable 7# bottle is working with supplied regulator and short hose...
__________________

__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:38 AM   #73
Rivet Slave
 
Rocinante's Avatar

 
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,440
Blog Entries: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Who did you purchase it from? How much, and also will it run a 13,500 AC without the Micro Air Easy Start? I thought I read somewhere here that folks were running a single AC 13,500 without the Easy Start?


GenConnex is where we bought it. Runs our AC fine, even in Eco mode, with EasyStart installed.
__________________
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")


Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:17 AM   #74
4 Rivet Member
 
Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
No luck with trying to jury-rig with hoses and connections I have with me connecting directly to the AS QD. I can not find female connections here in Banff area, so may have to wait till I get back to US next week. I thought someone mentioned you could get the right hose, connectors, regulator also on line somewhere? If so, can someone please post again. Portable 7# bottle is working with supplied regulator and short hose...
GenConnex is the place to go

http://www.genconnexdirect.net/propane-fittings.htm
__________________
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #75
3 Rivet Member
 
dasams's Avatar
 
Marin , California
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
GenConnex is where we bought it. Runs our AC fine, even in Eco mode, with EasyStart installed.
Same set-up and it ran our 15,000 BTU AC when at sea level. But it did not work in Central Oregon for the eclipse. Elevation was 3,600 ft and pressure was 0.88 atm. Hence perhaps 12% power loss. YMMV, Dave
__________________
2006 Cayenne S with V8, air suspension, factory tow
2018 FC 27 FB
2017 FC 25 RB Gone
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #76
Rivet Slave
 
Rocinante's Avatar

 
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,440
Blog Entries: 49
To be fair, we have not experimented with this setup at higher elevations.
__________________
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")


Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #77
4 Rivet Member
 
Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasams View Post
Same set-up and it ran our 15,000 BTU AC when at sea level. But it did not work in Central Oregon for the eclipse. Elevation was 3,600 ft and pressure was 0.88 atm. Hence perhaps 12% power loss. YMMV, Dave
GenConnex has high altitude orifices, up to 10,000ft for their setups, were you utilizing one of these?
__________________
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #78
3 Rivet Member
 
dasams's Avatar
 
Marin , California
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNH View Post
GenConnex has high altitude orifices, up to 10,000ft for their setups, were you utilizing one of these?
AFAIK, I have the standard orifice and I was not aware that different sizes are available. Can they be easily changed in the field? If so, that would be great.
__________________
2006 Cayenne S with V8, air suspension, factory tow
2018 FC 27 FB
2017 FC 25 RB Gone
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #79
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
Question LPG conversion.....

Have the conversions changed?
No mixture block?

I converted our Honda in 2007 with a US Carb dual fuel. It has a mixture adjustment, re-adjusts nicely for altitude.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1614.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	293445  
__________________
PFC.....

After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Im the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:23 PM   #80
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
Just wanted to chime in because power reduction figures are often misquoted:

-- On natural gas, there's approximately 15% power loss

-- On PROPANE there is only 1-2% loss in power. So ALMOST ZERO loss.


(I see people confusing this all the time.)


I'm still confusing it....

Power reductions of the engine, not the alternator...correct.

Seems to this OF, that as long as the generator is not near max load the alternator doesn't care what the engine is powered with.

Our 2000i spins fine powering the 1500w microwave...on lpg or petrol, exactly the same rpm' needed in either case.

The engine is a bit less efficient on lpg but it's never been maxed out trying.

Bob
__________________
PFC.....

After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Im the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:42 PM   #81
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,093
No luck with GenConnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNH View Post
Well, I called these guys, and was told since I have a Champion, not a Honda, it would be best to contact Champion directly or go to a propane shop and get custom hose. I called Champion, but hold time was 23 min, So, off I go today to local propane dealer... by the way, we used the Champion Dual Fuel with the 20lb propane bottle for 28 hours this past 2 weeks, and still had 4 lbs of fuel in the portable tank. Pretty efficient generator...
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member
 
Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Well, I called these guys, and was told since I have a Champion, not a Honda, it would be best to contact Champion directly or go to a propane shop and get custom hose. I called Champion, but hold time was 23 min, So, off I go today to local propane dealer... by the way, we used the Champion Dual Fuel with the 20lb propane bottle for 28 hours this past 2 weeks, and still had 4 lbs of fuel in the portable tank. Pretty efficient generator...
That's disappointing, you should have just just spec'd out the hose you wanted without a mention of brand, they only do Honda. So to cover their butt they don't make them for champion. Did you check their hose page to see if there is one you can just direct order on line? Hopefully by this point you're all set though.
__________________
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #83
4 Rivet Member
 
Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasams View Post
AFAIK, I have the standard orifice and I was not aware that different sizes are available. Can they be easily changed in the field? If so, that would be great.
On the 2000 I believe it's just a side cover removal and an small Allen wrench to swap out the orifice on the front of the carb
__________________
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:55 AM   #84
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNH View Post
That's disappointing, you should have just just spec'd out the hose you wanted without a mention of brand, they only do Honda. So to cover their butt they don't make them for champion. Did you check their hose page to see if there is one you can just direct order on line? Hopefully by this point you're all set though.
Yea, I am good to go for now. I will spend some more time when I get back to Austin, and eliminate a few "reducers" I had to get to make things all work...key now is it is working fine! Amazon has all the fittings...should have just bit the bullet and got them there in first place.
__________________

__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Propane Cooktop Stove, Propane Oven from 1971 Sovereign colleenkay Airstream Classifieds 0 09-14-2016 04:06 PM
Propane Gas Detector Went off Last Week-Turns Out NOT the Propane breezyway Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 4 08-16-2014 09:56 AM
Newbie Advice on Propane and Propane Accessories Socal1 LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators 1 07-15-2013 01:36 PM
Options for Converting Generator to Propane bhayden Generators & Solar Power 3 11-28-2006 01:40 PM
Propane Generator Help Please Snadi LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators 11 09-25-2005 06:03 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.