Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Morro Bay , California
Fuse Panel on 2008 Bambi 16' DWR

I purchased a used 2008 Bambi 16 DWR and can't get pump to work, even on AC. Maybe it is a fuse but can't find fuse panel - Manual is very confusing and misleading. Does anyone know where it is so I can check fuse for pump - assume there is one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JZ
jzuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzuur View Post
I purchased a used 2008 Bambi 16 DWR and can't get pump to work, even on AC. Maybe it is a fuse but can't find fuse panel - Manual is very confusing and misleading. Does anyone know where it is so I can check fuse for pump - assume there is one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JZ
Water pump or heat pump?
Water pump has an inline fuse near the pump, heatpump has both a 120v breaker and a 12v fuse in the fuse panel.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Morro Bay , California
fuse panel and water pump

Thanks. I will check the in line fuse but it that is okay, where is the fuse panel or box on this model. Very confusing - the manual. Talked about fuse panel by converter and next to the "decorative door" on right hand side? If you know location, please let me know. And, if not fuse, any suggestions on why water pump will not come on - I have AC hooked up and still not working?
Old 12-08-2018, 09:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Hi Jzuur
The water pump works on DC only and won't matter if your are connected to shore power or not assuming you have DC (battery) power available.
The fuse will be on your DC fuse board but there is often an an additional inline fuse on the + wire on the water pump too since these pumps are used in many other applications besides RVs.
It could also be the switch that turns the pump on. I know I've replace the switch in my MH twice after first thinking it was a fuse.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
Petrolia , Ontario
E16' Bambi circuit breaker

If you have a twin bed in the rear of the trailer, your breaker panel could be located under the overhanging front edge of the bed. Seems to me you need to be able to get down on the floor to see it, then you still need to open the door that covers it. Not the most convenient. That's where it was located in a 2014 I had the opportunity to work on. I'm assuming you've turned the battery switch to the use position.
Portage to Caravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Morro Bay , California
Wow. Thanks. That's where the fuse panel is at. Check the right side (DC fuses) and looked like the pump fuse # 5 also tied to water heater which is working. Therefore, assume fuse is okay. Do not have ohm meter but neighbor has and will check it but don't think that is problem. On the left hand side are the breakers. The 5th one to the right has a test button which I pushed and breaker topped off. Only problem is now I can reset - won't go back into position. Any ideas how to correct that? I am not very electrically inclined so any help on this would he great appreciated. Thanks JZ
Old 12-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Fuse Panel on 2008 Bambi 16' DWR

Push breaker all the way to off position then set back on.

They are designed to stay off unless you turn them all the way off and back on again.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote