Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Furrion Stainless Steel 30A inlet and TV inlet

The Furrion grey inlets on my 2015 flying cloud have started to discolor. This is very annoying! The trailer is less than a year old. So I decided to upgrade to the Furrion stainless steel inlets 1x TV and 2x 30A, as they looked nice on the website.

The 30A inlets loose the blue LED. This is not a big deal as they have not worked for 3 months anyway!

The process was very straight forward, and took less then 30 mins for all 3, including refreshing my beer! Here are some notes I made that should help anyone else doing the same upgrade.

When I ordered the TV inlet, I could not find on the Furrion website, or anywhere else, the option for to have both Cable and Satellite connections, so I ended up ordering the Cable and Phone option. Good news - I found out during installation that these are interchangeable inserts!!!

As you can kinda see in the image “back of SS TV” there are 3 screws that fasten the insert (sorry for the bad pic the 3rd screw is hidden near the bottom right hole due to a bad camera angle!), these are the same as in the square flip up Furrion inlet that was factory installed, see the image “TV inlet”. If you undo these on the factory installed inlet, you can remount in the stainless steel version very quickly.

The stainless steel inlet screw hole positions are exactly the same as the factory installed inlets. I even used the same screws that were already on the airstream. Just a heads up, they are round heads and you may prefer to source some countersink ones for a cleaner finish.

I think these are a great upgrade and match the finish of the airstream so much better than those plastic flaps!

The 30A inlets were a super quick swap out. Undo screws, undo cable clamp, undo the individual contact screws. Then pull everything off. Slip on the new rear cover and rubber gasket. Attach the wires and tighten them down. Secure the cable clamp and screw the whole assembly back on

Hopefully these notes will help others ☺
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back of SS TV.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	443.7 KB
ID:	243916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tv inllet.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	243917  

Name:	Final look.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	243918  
Old 07-26-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Looks beautiful, thanks for the post. We did something similar with the Marinco brand satellite cover to match the 50 amp power cover. Joe

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1437925613.166272.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	243951

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1437925704.555836.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	243952
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseejay View Post
Looks beautiful, thanks for the post. We did something similar with the Marinco brand satellite cover to match the 50 amp power cover. Joe

Attachment 243951
Attachment 243952
Joe,

Nice!!! Looking to do the same. Did the Marinco screw holes align with the old furion cover ?
Also all the Marinco covers SS I have found online only have one input for satellite/cable or cable and phone inputs vs two in the exsisting AS one.

Which Cover did you buy?

Were you able to use or modify the exsisting furion insert with the Marinco?

Thanks,
Benn
Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Benn,

I bought the Marinco cover with the single satellite post.

The four mounting screws line up exactly with the holes of the Furrion unit.

The Furrion center insert (black plastic circular part in picture below) that holds the separate cable and satellite connections comes off and screws onto the Marinco unit, replacing the Marinco single post insert. The only compromise here is that, once installed, the cable and satellite posts are not exactly at 12 and 6 o'clock. They are more like 1 and 7 o'clock. That could be fixed if you wanted to drill new holes in the plastic, but I chose not to.

Hope that is clear - if not, feel free to PM me. Best, Joe

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1438043784.777422.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	244039
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
Joe,

Perfect! 1 and 7 o'clock it will be. Will buy and install. Many thanks for sharing.
Benn
Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote