Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
I used the 30 amp chrome/ss on the two power inlets and the matching model on the CATV input. I'm replacing ALL the cheap covers on my trailer. Already added the SS furnace cover, HW heater cover, vent cover, and just ordered the SS outdoor shower assembly. All that will be left is the water compartment. I sprayed it silver and it looks better, but I'd do SS if I could find one.
When I recently saw a friend's trailer with the new stainless steel shower assembly (that he had installed at the Alumapalooza), he mentioned that Airstream told him that a stainless freshwater fill is next (no date provided). Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
I am going to be installing one also. My plan was to do it on the curb side. I bought a 36' cord for that reason. My thinking is although a bit of a pain it would be saver. That is, the pathway left between the street side and the campground power is usually or can be restricted. When you come off the trailer it forms a loop as the cord drops down. My thinking is the cord would lie flat as it crossed the walking by path.

What do you think, any merit?

Tony
Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony S View Post
I am going to be installing one also. My plan was to do it on the curb side. I bought a 36' cord for that reason. My thinking is although a bit of a pain it would be saver. That is, the pathway left between the street side and the campground power is usually or can be restricted. When you come off the trailer it forms a loop as the cord drops down. My thinking is the cord would lie flat as it crossed the walking by path.
You want to put your shore power connection curb side? I'm not sure why you think that would be safer. Having a 30 or 50 amp connection right where you're trying to eat, drink, and be merry doesn't seem safer (or aesthetically appealing) to me. It seems like a good way for it to be damaged when someone or something runs into it.

If I understand your post, there's a walkway between your camper and the campground pedestal that you're trying to keep clear? I've never seen something like that. Generally everyone knows to stay away from the street side of the camper specifically because there are cords and hoses there...

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
I'm looking at the Furrion stainless steel 30A vs the Marinco stainless- the Marinco seems a lot more robust, I like the way the Furrion looks but curious how it works- do you twist the cap to lock it closed when not in use? The camp also looks stamped... is there a gasket or something inside it? Curious to get feedback from you guys.

Thanks too for the info on the ss outlet cover.

Anything will be better than the current (pun not intended) original electrical connection- kind of cool but tired, and I want to move the hook up from the bumper to the side of the trailer.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Gobie64,
I bought the Furrion ss 30a and the cable TV connection ages ago but have not done anything with them yet. They're someplace in the trailer storage shed waiting for me to install them. I probably won't get to the shed for a couple of weeks and could look at them then.
I don't remember specifics about them so maybe one of the others who posted on this thread will answer before that.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Hey Bluto, thanks tons for the response. I'll be in town tomorrow and may have time to look, if Westmarine has them, or I may just order one to see if I like it, and send it back.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Sumiton , Alabama
Replacement Receptacles for Furrion.

i purchase the Furrion F30INS-SS Stainless 30 Amp Marine/RV Inlet and not sure what type of connector to buy to make up a new 30 amp 125v cable. The shore power in most RV campgrounds what would it be and what replacement to put on my cable that connects to the Furrion? It doesn't look like the standard. It looks like this type end on the female side.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55582-P...ing+female+end

This is the furrion i purchased from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mingle51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Sumiton , Alabama
Here is the picture of the connector

https://pastormingle.wordpress.com/2...lacement-cord/
mingle51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingle51 View Post
i purchase the Furrion F30INS-SS Stainless 30 Amp Marine/RV Inlet and not sure what type of connector to buy to make up a new 30 amp 125v cable. The shore power in most RV campgrounds what would it be and what replacement to put on my cable that connects to the Furrion? It doesn't look like the standard. It looks like this type end on the female side.
<snip>
What you need to make up the new end on your cable is actually two (2) separate pieces.

This is the actual electrical connection piece https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-F30FM...=1&*entries*=0

And this is the cover and screw connector. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...X5013RQN0B68DR