Old 07-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Annapolis , Maryland
Be sure you order the right model - duplex has the two oval holes with screw in the middle and decorator has a single large rectangular hole.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthorr View Post
Be sure you order the right model - duplex has the two oval holes with screw in the middle and decorator has a single large rectangular hole.

I almost ordered one tonight and then thought I''d check the thread again.
Good thing.
I didn't realize there was a difference. I'll swing by the trailer in the morning and see which one will work for me.
Phew, that was close.
Thanks!

Old 08-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Annapolis , Maryland
I just installed the upgraded Stainless Steel Furrion 30A and Cable/TV inlets. It took about 10 mins apiece taking my time.

I bought #8x1-1/4" SS oval head screws - the old inlets had panheads that don't sit flush in the new inlets.

No issues with the install except for one screw that wouldn't tighten up - the hole must be elongated. I will go back and try a #10 screw but I'm not sure the hole in the inlet is large enough... in the meantime, I applied enough sealant to make sure water can't get in.

For my 2012 model, AS did not cut the 2-3/4" hole for the cable input - they only cut a hole large enough to pass the cable through. No issue - you just don't use the backshell and strain relief. But, if you buy the phone & TV inlet, the hole might not match up.

On monday I get the SS 110V outlet from Menard's to install on the curbside. Then I just have to wait for AS to make a SS water filler door and my war against plastic will be won!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Cable Input.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	192349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front 30A.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	192350  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Main 30A & TV.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	192351  
Old 08-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
That looks much better.
I received part of my order and am awaiting some outlets also. The pics are a nice touch and really shows the improvement. Can't wait to get all my stuff so I can get started. The tips you provided are helpful as I'm sure I'll run into the same things.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Just got the SS Electrical Outlet Cover from Menards. Have installed it and it definitely looks better than the thing Airstream uses but not overly thrilled with the overall look. Anyway for those who worry about such things the following notice was in the box:

"Not for use in areas defined by the National Electrical Code as wet location or damp location."

Might take this into account if you decide to get one. I have one of the cast aluminum covers that was covered in another thread several years ago and if I can get it polished like some of the pics I've seen it'll go back on the trailer. I think overall it looks better - and it's designed for outdoors use.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthorr View Post
I just installed the upgraded Stainless Steel Furrion 30A and Cable/TV inlets. It took about 10 mins apiece taking my time.

I bought #8x1-1/4" SS oval head screws - the old inlets had panheads that don't sit flush in the new inlets.

No issues with the install except for one screw that wouldn't tighten up - the hole must be elongated. I will go back and try a #10 screw but I'm not sure the hole in the inlet is large enough... in the meantime, I applied enough sealant to make sure water can't get in.

For my 2012 model, AS did not cut the 2-3/4" hole for the cable input - they only cut a hole large enough to pass the cable through. No issue - you just don't use the backshell and strain relief. But, if you buy the phone & TV inlet, the hole might not match up.

On monday I get the SS 110V outlet from Menard's to install on the curbside. Then I just have to wait for AS to make a SS water filler door and my war against plastic will be won!
Those look great!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
I used the 30 amp chrome/ss on the two power inlets and the matching model on the CATV input. I'm replacing ALL the cheap covers on my trailer. Already added the SS furnace cover, HW heater cover, vent cover, and just ordered the SS outdoor shower assembly. All that will be left is the water compartment. I sprayed it silver and it looks better, but I'd do SS if I could find one.
When I recently saw a friend's trailer with the new stainless steel shower assembly (that he had installed at the Alumapalooza), he mentioned that Airstream told him that a stainless freshwater fill is next (no date provided). Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
I am going to be installing one also. My plan was to do it on the curb side. I bought a 36' cord for that reason. My thinking is although a bit of a pain it would be saver. That is, the pathway left between the street side and the campground power is usually or can be restricted. When you come off the trailer it forms a loop as the cord drops down. My thinking is the cord would lie flat as it crossed the walking by path.

What do you think, any merit?

Tony
Old 08-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony S View Post
I am going to be installing one also. My plan was to do it on the curb side. I bought a 36' cord for that reason. My thinking is although a bit of a pain it would be saver. That is, the pathway left between the street side and the campground power is usually or can be restricted. When you come off the trailer it forms a loop as the cord drops down. My thinking is the cord would lie flat as it crossed the walking by path.
You want to put your shore power connection curb side? I'm not sure why you think that would be safer. Having a 30 or 50 amp connection right where you're trying to eat, drink, and be merry doesn't seem safer (or aesthetically appealing) to me. It seems like a good way for it to be damaged when someone or something runs into it.

If I understand your post, there's a walkway between your camper and the campground pedestal that you're trying to keep clear? I've never seen something like that. Generally everyone knows to stay away from the street side of the camper specifically because there are cords and hoses there...

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
I'm looking at the Furrion stainless steel 30A vs the Marinco stainless- the Marinco seems a lot more robust, I like the way the Furrion looks but curious how it works- do you twist the cap to lock it closed when not in use? The camp also looks stamped... is there a gasket or something inside it? Curious to get feedback from you guys.

Thanks too for the info on the ss outlet cover.

Anything will be better than the current (pun not intended) original electrical connection- kind of cool but tired, and I want to move the hook up from the bumper to the side of the trailer.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Gobie64,
I bought the Furrion ss 30a and the cable TV connection ages ago but have not done anything with them yet. They're someplace in the trailer storage shed waiting for me to install them. I probably won't get to the shed for a couple of weeks and could look at them then.
I don't remember specifics about them so maybe one of the others who posted on this thread will answer before that.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:01 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
Hey Bluto, thanks tons for the response. I'll be in town tomorrow and may have time to look, if Westmarine has them, or I may just order one to see if I like it, and send it back.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Sumiton , Alabama
Replacement Receptacles for Furrion.

i purchase the Furrion F30INS-SS Stainless 30 Amp Marine/RV Inlet and not sure what type of connector to buy to make up a new 30 amp 125v cable. The shore power in most RV campgrounds what would it be and what replacement to put on my cable that connects to the Furrion? It doesn't look like the standard. It looks like this type end on the female side.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55582-P...ing+female+end

This is the furrion i purchased from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-09-2016, 08:54 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Sumiton , Alabama
Here is the picture of the connector

https://pastormingle.wordpress.com/2...lacement-cord/