Old 08-02-2014, 02:23 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
Al and Missy, I agree. However, adding the dedicated wires after the fact is not worth the trouble. One of our FantasticFans was installed by the dealer, and I installed the other one.

There is one advantage. We always air out our Bambi when we first arrive, to purge any carbon monoxide that has accumulated from towing.

Before we pull out of a campground, we close the FantasticFan lid (which turns it off) and turn the wall-mounted switch that controls the overhead light and FantasticFan to OFF. Then, we pre-set the fan to ON/OPEN, HIGH and OUT.

Then when we arrive, before entering our Bambi, we latch the door open, flip the wall switch to ON and let the FantasticFan run for a few minutes while we chock the wheels, and hook up the shore power cord and hoses. When we finally enter our Airstream, all of the exhaust fumes are gone.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1964 26' Overlander
Toronto , Ontario
I'd like to grab on to the end of this thread in the hope that somebody can help me out with a similar problem in my 64 Overlander. I've had an electrician come and try to figure out why none of these things are working: new FanTastic fan in bath, old fan in kitchen ceiling and the outside light. Fuses are all good... he figured maybe there was a damaged wire SOMEWHERE but how do we find it without tearing things apart?
But I guess I should have asked first... do these three things all run on the same wire?
How do you go about finding the bad bit???

wigwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member
2014 16' Sport
Alliance , Ohio
Have any of you upgraded your fan? Im getting the upgrade kit that will take mine from a 1200 to the 3350. The info I read seems like I only need to replace the bottom half (inside the trailer) and leave everything else alone. Any pointers would be helpful.
Jessi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:08 AM   #18
Rivet Master
2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I upgraded both fans, one with the reversing kit, the other with the many-speed remote control kit. The instructions were good and clear, all work was from below. No additional parts were required. I cannot think of any necessary tips except to study the instructions.

lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote