Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

New braunfels , Texas
excella 110 tailgate power MIA

I just took delivery of a 92 34' excella 1000. I was hoping to use land power in the driveway to charge and run lights while we clean it up, but its not there. I have a 30amp plug on the road site, but the other one is missing. Im going by the manual, there should be a 110 plug there right?

Im putting in a 30amp 120 camper plug this week (thanks amazon) so we can test the AC. But would really like to be able to use shore power.

If this is missing, has anyone ever replaced theirs? I could still use a 30am plug converter but wanted to make it easier for my wife.

thanks in advance
Looking4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4air View Post
I just took delivery of a 92 34' excella 1000. I was hoping to use land power in the driveway to charge and run lights while we clean it up, but its not there. I have a 30amp plug on the road site, but the other one is missing. Im going by the manual, there should be a 110 plug there right?

Im putting in a 30amp 120 camper plug this week (thanks amazon) so we can test the AC. But would really like to be able to use shore power.

If this is missing, has anyone ever replaced theirs? I could still use a 30am plug converter but wanted to make it easier for my wife.

thanks in advance
There is just the one inlet on older trailers, 30A 120V. All you need is an adapter for light loads like fans, lights, battery charging, etc. The adapter will plug into your 15A socket and have a female socket for the trailer's 30A plug. You only need a 30A outlet for the AC.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
This is the sort of product I'm talking about. You don't have to go to CampingWorld or another RV place, most big Wal-Marts will have a similar product.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

New braunfels , Texas
I ordered one of those yesterday as a backup.

reading through the manual it shows a photo someone pulling a house plug out of the back of the bumper storage, I noticed there was a hole on the inside of the enclosure as well that looked like it might have been where the 110 extension was routed. No big deal, a little less weight then. thanks
Looking4air is offline   Reply With Quote