Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 34' Limited
Folly Beach , South Carolina
Entry light switches

Some technical questions about my 88 limited. I am replacing my high-off-low dpdt overhead light switch (nla/that I repaired a few years back) and both spst exterior light switches. They are still operational, but I also have to replace my Schlage deadbolt and in order to do so, I had to open up the interior aluminum skin. Many rivets have been drilled out, and I’m starting to understand the inside out onion layer statements I’ve heard of! While I’m at it I am going to find an ongoing unresolved leak that has caused some floor damage under the front starboard window. I’m going to install a piece of wood or cf to cover the hole and replace switches and possibly add 1-3 new switches for over the front side window lights and an overhead light up front where the tv antenna used to be (I removed this a few years back assuming that was where the leak originated, nope). Sorry for long winded intro...

Anyone know the difference between 7 pin and 6 pin dpdt switches? existing is 6 pin. Is the 7th pin for switch illumination light? If so do you also know how to wire 7th pin or should I just stick with 6 pin switches? I’m leaning towards marine style rocker switches and adding at least a 4th switch, maybe 2 or 3 more. I plan to fish a wire to the small hole where I removed the tv antenna handle that used to extend it.

Next question is what amp capacity should these new switches be? I’ve seen them from 5-20 amp capacity online and have grown tired of dead end googling and have resigned to respectfully ask for assistance from the community, very difficult from the guy who reads instructions and calls tech support as a last resort! can the blue feed wire from the trunk line handle an additional switches/lights? Probably switch to led for less draw. Any advice would be much appreciated. I’ll start another topic about deadbolt replacement in the proper forum
Daddyo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote