Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2002, 01:42 PM   #1

Electrical problem--99 safari

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I have a 1999 Safari, 23 ft, rear corner bed. (Has aftermarket additions of solar panels, fantastic fan, and 2 golf cart batteries). My bedroom ceiling light doesn't work. I checked the fixture and it is fine; there is no voltage across the the two wires that attach to the fixture. It appears there is no voltage in the 12v tv plug in by the bed either. All other items listed on that circuit (vanity sink light, bathroom light, bathroom fan, rear storage compartment light, the two over-bed cabinet lights) all work fine. All other electrical circuits are working fine. My manual came without a 12v wiring diagram. I've called two Airstream dealers and they can't help. I left messages with the Airstream help line twice with no reply. Any suggestion on what to do next? Anyone know where the ground for this circuit is? I'd appreciate any help
Old 11-16-2002, 02:03 PM   #2
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
maybe the fuse is blown in the back of the t.v. outlet, you'll have to pull the cover off. there should be a 7.5 amp fuse in the back of it.

as for the ceiling light, no clue. maybe someone else will take a stab.

john
john hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 02:04 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll check that out. abc

I checked that out no fuse; did extensive searching & found 12v wiring coming out of alumin wall behind the stove and going thru the floor at front of cabinet below sink. Looks like I'd have to remove the entire kitchen cabinet to explore more--no screws or screw covers visible.

I'm not sure how airstream does grounds. \\

Does anyone know if all the ground wires go to a ground bus or are they attached to the aluminum shell not far from the fixture?