Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited S/O
Tallahassee , Florida
Electrical power loss on one side

I have a 34' 2003 airstream and the power keeps going off on a few plugs on the kitchen side and the front on the right side. All of the breakers are set, this is a 50 amp could a power loss at the outside plug cause this?? I keep this at a river camp and I have taken it to the house and plugged it in to a 30 amp box I have and all of the inside plugs work. Any advice anyone?

Thanks,
Glen
glenbrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2011 34' Classic
Vancouver , Washington
Could also be a break in the power cord.

On a different rig that had a wind-up cord reel we had 2 failures within 6 years in the cable...would only affect 1 leg of the 50A circuit.
techiej is offline   Reply With Quote