Old 09-10-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1990 36' Land Yacht
High Springs , Sunny Florida
Electrical Generator Service Manual

I have a 1990 36' Land Yacht and have several questions. (1) After changing the plug wires and water pump (chevy 454), our generator will nolonger start, it was working great up til then. There seems to be no gas getting to the generator. (2) I lost ac power yesterday( i had a portable heater and microwave running at the same time) went outside to main power and reset breaker, everything come back on except our 2 tv's, the outlets work that we have the tvs plugged into.(3) anyone have a complete manual for this motor home, we have the original owners manual but need the service manual for the 454. thanks for any advice you can offer

nana's ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I would hate to walk out on that branch to say the gen-set problem was connected to the plug wire and alternator change; rather it sounds like a coincidence. If the gen-set is not getting fuel you might want to start with your fuel filter. Next is the shore power, again I venture to say it is probably not connected to your changing the plug wires; although, I have had some very odd things happen on my MH. Check all of your on board fuse and breakers. This also could be the problem with your gen-set.
Good luck to you.
Chaplain Kent
1994 30' Excella 1000, Chummy III- Ford Excursion- 7.3 Turbo-diesel
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote