Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Woodland , Washington
Electrical and Plumbing questions for my new to me Argosy

I landed an Argosy Minuet for next to nothing. I am finding that, while it will take a lot of work, it is not nearly as bad as the surface dirt made it appear.

So I have plugged it in, and everything seems to be working, or is at least reparable. That said, I know nothing about how the Argosy should look, and it looks molested to me.

Can anyone take a look at the pix, and tell me what is stock, what is new and what is amiss? My feeling is the pump is new(er) but the inverter and fuse bank is original.

Anyway, look forward to everyones thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0770.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	192576   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0771.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	192577  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0772.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	192578   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0773.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	192579  

woodlandfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Woodland , Washington
Oh, one more question. Are the refrigerators 110 or 12 volt? I have not yet hooked up the propane, and am just seeing what does and does not work.
woodlandfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
The converter and fuse panel certainly look original. The Inverter (red and black box) is newer. Hard to tell how old the pump is - they haven't changed too much over the years. It's probably a replacement based on the age of your trailer and the hose clamps.

The operating modes of the fridge will depend on the model of fridge you have. The most common type is a 2 way fridge that operates on either 110 VAC or propane. If you fridge is original, it may be one that only operates on propane without even needing 12 VDC like newer fridges do. The only way to know for sure is to look at the controls for the fridge, which may be inside the door. Also, you can look behind the fridge to see if there's an AC power cord plugged into a 110 VAC outlet. You may find 12 VDC wiring too. If you can post a picture of the fridge and it's controls, someone here can tell you for sure.

Good luck with your project!!

Chris
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote