Old 02-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #15
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
Can any of you please give me the link to Matteo's recent post about the discount program they have going on now? I skimmed through it the other day but I can't seem to find it now.
The moderator moved it over to another thread at this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk123 View Post
Micro-air makes two versions of the 364. In the case of the low profile Penguin II unit, I believe you will want the IP65 364. It is in a beige watertight case and can be located in a more open area. Matteo should probably chime in here. I'm not sure this new model is available in larger quantities or available at all right now. He did send me this unit for my Penguin II low profile unit for my 2017 AS. I have not installed yet, but will be documenting it here with lots of pictures and help from Matteo.
Yes, Turk123 is correct. Presently, we are phasing out the black enclosure for the EasyStart 364 and phasing in a beige IP65 (fully weatherproof) enclosure, which will cost the same. (This is not to be confused with our EasyStart 368 model, which is also in a beige enclosure and meant for up to 6-ton compressors.) The EasyStart 364 in the black enclosure is slightly smaller than the IP65 enclosure, which helps in some installation cases. However, the black enclosure is only rated for IP61, so it is not fully weatherproof.

Unfortunately, we did not have direct access to Dometic's low-profile rooftop units as we did to the Coleman units, so we have been unable to directly assess all the installation requirements for all of the low-profile Dometic models. We have therefore had to rely upon feedback and photos from helpful customers like all of you.

In general, we have found that the high-profile Brisk I and Brisk II models have adequate space in a shielded area to mount the EasyStart 364 in the black enclosure. I recently had direct access to a Brisk II model and was able to confirm this.

Alternately, the low-profile Dometic Penguin I & II models have been tough to assess so far due to limited feedback. But based upon the feedback from Turk123, which will be confirmed when he actually does his installation, we believe that the EasyStart 364 might have to be mounted in a area that could potentially expose it blowing rain. In this case, we recommend that customers make a special request the EasyStart 364 in the IP65 enclosure. You can do this simply by writing "IP65" or your A/C model ("Penguin") into the order notes. Eventually, the inventory of black enclosures will be exhausted, so every EasyStart 364 will be in the beige enclosure.

Lastly, the EasyStart 366, which is just a circuit board, must be installed in an enclosure. Our experience has been that most of the electric boxes for all the Dometic units (except for the Brisk II) have adequate space for the EasyStart 366 board plus the existing run cap and the added start cap. However, we cannot be sure if there isn't a model out there that doesn't have sufficient space in the existing electric box. In such cases, customers have purchased their own, weatherproof plastic enclosures and mounted the EasyStart 366 inside of that, then mounted this enclosure where there was adequate space. We've even had customers fabricate their own sheetmetal brackets onto which to mount this added plastic enclosure. So, as you can see, the EasyStart 366, although lower in cost, can be a lot more challenging to install. Larry's is the more common case though, where the EasyStart 366 just fits into the existing electric box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EasyStart 364 (original).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	279733   Click image for larger version

Name:	EasyStart 364 (IP65).jpg
Views:	92
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	279734  

Click image for larger version

Name:	EasyStart 366 (board).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	279735  

Micro-Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
AIRSTREAM all caps in the promo code box
Larry

Old 02-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Matteo,
Thanks for the link and all the info. I have a Dometic air conditioner w/ heat pump. Rated at 15,000 btu/air. I'll probably wait to see how others have installed theirs before ordering, then try to get the right size to fit my application. It looks to me like the Easy Start 364 would work, do you agree?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Matteo,
Thanks for the link and all the info. I have a Dometic air conditioner w/ heat pump. Rated at 15,000 btu/air. I'll probably wait to see how others have installed theirs before ordering, then try to get the right size to fit my application. It looks to me like the Easy Start 364 would work, do you agree?
I have a 366 all wired up and ready to go into a 2006 era 13.5K Penguin...but I'm not doing it til a sunny 50* day. Might be awhile, but I'll take pics.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #19
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Quote:
Matteo,
Bluto - if yours is a Penguin, which I believe all the heat pump (reverse-cycle) units are, then yes, the EasyStart 364 or 366 will work. If you decide to order an EasyStart 364, if your unit is in fact a Penguin, then simply write "IP65" in the order notes, and we'll fulfill your order with that enclosure type at no extra charge.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #20
Rivet Master

I would tell anyone going to install this in a recent Airstream with a low-profile A/C unit to get on the roof first, take the cover off, and scope out where you want to mount the 364 and how you are going to do it. If you are good with that, then order the 364 and do the job. My 366 fits with the modifications I mentioned, but it is a real pain and if I had to do it all over again, I would go with the 364(more cost) mounted in the fan enclosure.

Larry
Old 02-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Matteo

I would be more then happy to bring my sport 16 for installation testing.��

Jimmy
Old 02-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #22
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny16 View Post
Matteo

I would be more then happy to bring my sport 16 for installation testing.��

Jimmy
We wish we could do that, Jimmy. Unfortunately, we were told by our insurance company that we can't allow people to drive up their rigs to our factory to help work on them with you. If you were located in South Florida though, I'd gladly pay you a visit!
Old 02-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #23
Bob

2008 30' Classic
Orland Park , Illinois
Love it!

I installed an Easy Start on my 2008 Classic, 15,000 BTU and it is night and day with the Easy Start!

No thunk and so far I've only been able to use my 2000 watt generator at 87 degrees OAT and it started just fine.

Can't help but think this will add to the A/C's longevity as well.

Truly one of those "best investments" I've made for our Classic!
Old 02-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-Air View Post
We wish we could do that, Jimmy. Unfortunately, we were told by our insurance company that we can't allow people to drive up their rigs to our factory to help work on them with you. If you were located in South Florida though, I'd gladly pay you a visit!

Oh well ...worth a shot.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
I would tell anyone going to install this in a recent Airstream with a low-profile A/C unit to get on the roof first, take the cover off, and scope out where you want to mount the 364 and how you are going to do it. If you are good with that, then order the 364 and do the job. My 366 fits with the modifications I mentioned, but it is a real pain and if I had to do it all over again, I would go with the 364(more cost) mounted in the fan enclosure.

Larry

Larry...you sound confident that the 364 will fit in the fan enclosure but I'll just have to drill a new hole/grommet. Am I interpreting you correctly?
Old 02-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
I have a 366 all wired up and ready to go into a 2006 era 13.5K Penguin...but I'm not doing it til a sunny 50* day. Might be awhile, but I'll take pics.
Rich,
That will be a big help. Looking forward to your install pix. I'll even send some warm weather your way.
Now, if I can just get these winds to change direction.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-Air View Post
Bluto - if yours is a Penguin, which I believe all the heat pump (reverse-cycle) units are, then yes, the EasyStart 364 or 366 will work. If you decide to order an EasyStart 364, if your unit is in fact a Penguin, then simply write "IP65" in the order notes, and we'll fulfill your order with that enclosure type at no extra charge.
Sounds good! I'll keep that in mind, thank you.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
Larry...you sound confident that the 364 will fit in the fan enclosure but I'll just have to drill a new hole/grommet. Am I interpreting you correctly?
I have never seen a 364 in the flesh but there is a lot of room in the fan enclosure. It is adjacent to the electric box and a wiring harness already runs through an existing hole. I feel I could have mounted most anything in the fan enclosure, but I do advise that you remove the A/C cover and look at it first, to see if it is within your skills.
Larry