Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Mason , Texas
Dish tailgater hookup for 2014 23fb international

I am having problems hooking up my dish tailgater to my 2014 23fb international. I have the tailgater antenna cable connected to sat port on outside panel, coaxial cable on inside port run to my vip211z receiver and then an HD cord run from receiver to tv but cannot get it to work correctly. Any advice? Thanks!
Ramblingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
Have you selected the input that you have the receiver hooked to on the tv?

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Mason , Texas
Yes but still no luck. And when I bypass the airstream ports and hook the tailgater antenna cable up directly to the receiver it works. So my problem lies somewhere in the coaxial ports on the airstream. But maybe I do not have everything connected correctly. Or I am thinking perhaps it is the coaxial cable I am using from the interior port to the receiver. It is not a 3 ghz cord like the outside one is. I am going to purchase one today and try that...
Old 09-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
1984 31' Sovereign
Kingwood , Texas
What inside coax port are you using? My sat connection supposedly is hidden under the bluejay player but I haven't verified it yet.
dcopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Mason , Texas
I am using the port behind the tv in the bedroom. But I haven't pulled the blue ray player out to check for a connection there. Will do so though. Thanks dcopps
Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
Is your antenna booster off?

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
Old 09-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Mason , Texas
I have tried it both on and off daveswenson and still no luck.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #8

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
The trailers have changed over the years, but my Classic has a jumper cable that normally is connected when using the TV antenna. When I'm using my 211Z, I unscrew the jumper from the sat in port and connect that port to the 211Z. Outside the Tailgater unit runs from the outside cable port.

The port I plug the 211Z into is that open port. If I run the TV antenna, I rejoin the jumper to the top port and the TV plugs into the amplified jack on the left.

Hope this helps.

Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	222550  
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
The jumpered outlet that Jack shows should be under the dinette. I would try connecting there. I suspect that Airstream doesn't use RG-6 from the splitter to the internal tv outlets. RG-6 is required to carry power from the receiver to the antenna.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #10
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi

this is what i did.. but, it's a winegard g2 with directv...
archiedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #11
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
This is what I setup if anyone is interested. (I have a 2014 Flying Cloud 30ft)

There were two HDMI cables. Three counting the BluRay. One for living room TV. One for bedroom TV. I bought a splitter/switcher. It has two out puts. I plugged in the living room TV into the A out put and the bedroom TV into the B out put. The S/S also has 4 HDMI inputs. I plugged the sat box HDMI from the box into the #1 input in the S/S. (Also, I put an extension (RG6) cable into the existing sat cable (double female connector) line in the trailer sat lead and then plugged the cable into the sat input in my H24 Directv reciever). (There were some sat boxes that would not work with my Winegard dish, per Winegard. So I had to ensure I was using a compatible receiver). I plugged the existing BluRay HDMI into the #2 slot in the S/S. #3 and #4 remain empty for any future needs such as a video game, etc. This S/S has a remote control. It has two main buttons, A and B (for me, A = living room and B=bedroom). Around the A button is buttons 1,2,3,and 4. (1=sat box, 2=BluRay) Same thing for the B (bedroom). So now I can watch sat and or BluRay in either area at the same time. Clear as mud???? ;-)) NOTE: Be sure the little green light at the main TV is OFF. That will tell the TV it is not using the main AS antenna.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #12
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Also note: per Winegard. Using a G2, the end of the sat cable, the one that attaches directly to the sat dish, needs 12 - 18 volts at the end of that cable. I tested with meter. The H24 Directv receiver is sending the volts down the line from the receiver. It may not be the same with your sat dish requirments as it was with mine.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Mason , Texas
Thanks a lot for all of the info and advice! Is much appreciated. I will try them and see if I can get something to work. Will let you all know if/when I get it figured out.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

Mason , Texas
Well no luck so far. The 3 ghz coaxial cable from the interior port to the receiver didn't do the job. And Jack and Dave there is no jumpered outlet under the dinette on my '14 model. And dcopps I didn't see one underneath or behind the blue ray player either. Don't know where it might be? So I have a call into the dealership to see if their service department can help me out. Is hopefully something simple and doesn't require a repair visit.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblingman View Post
Well no luck so far. The 3 ghz coaxial cable from the interior port to the receiver didn't do the job. And Jack and Dave there is no jumpered outlet under the dinette on my '14 model. And dcopps I didn't see one underneath or behind the blue ray player either. Don't know where it might be? So I have a call into the dealership to see if their service department can help me out. Is hopefully something simple and doesn't require a repair visit.
Kinda figures. Airstream doesn't seem to ever update the owners manual. The 2014 manual says that the jumpered outlet is under the table. So the connection to the outside Satellite connection has to terminate somewhere inside. I'd dig behind the Blu Ray.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Mason , Texas
Alright finally got it figured out. The loose sat coax cable that you connect to the sat receiver is located under the white box that holds the blueray player above the dinette. You have to unscrew two screws on the bottom left side of the box, remove it, find the sat cable and then thread it through the hole in the top of the box. Then connect it to your receiver and you are good to go. It does look like I am going to have to add an hdmi splitter to run the blueray player as well though as there is only one HD cable run from the box above the dinette to the bedroom tv (the only tv in my model). Thanks again for all of your help and I hope this info helps some others out down the road. Safe travels to you all!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #17
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblingman View Post
Alright finally got it figured out. The loose sat coax cable that you connect to the sat receiver is located under the white box that holds the blueray player above the dinette. You have to unscrew two screws on the bottom left side of the box, remove it, find the sat cable and then thread it through the hole in the top of the box. Then connect it to your receiver and you are good to go. It does look like I am going to have to add an hdmi splitter to run the blueray player as well though as there is only one HD cable run from the box above the dinette to the bedroom tv (the only tv in my model). Thanks again for all of your help and I hope this info helps some others out down the road. Safe travels to you all!

That's GREAT!!! Glad you got your sat setup! Good Job!!!