Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
DC Power Socket

This looks interesting. Has anyone tried it?

Car DC Digital Voltmeter/Dual USB 2 Port/DC12V Power Socket Three Hole Panel - - Amazon.com

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Certainly inexpensive, which makes me wonder about the quality of the sockets and so on, but the only way to tell is to buy one and try it. I am not sure I would want to panel mount it and find the thing quickly failed leaving you with a special sized hole to patch.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Just bought one of these at the Dayton Hamvention. Looks good to me and I would mount and use it in a minute. Unfortunately I paid more for the one I got than the Amazon price. There is also a 2 holer and a single holer available. Pictures of the 3 can be seen at:

Go-Kit Supplies
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote