Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1989 34' Excella
Traverse City , Michigan
Control Panel Alternatives?

We are considering not installing the stove in our unit. We prefer to cook outdoors. With that said, we will have no use for a range hood that currently contains the "Control Center".
Has anyone come across an alternative to the "Control Center Panel"?
Davidhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

There are a *lot* of alternative ways to control things. Are you looking for a direct drop in? (probably not out there) or are you looking for ideas? If it's ideas, what's left in the trailer to control? ( = what else have you changed / pulled out? ).

Bob
uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1989 34' Excella
Traverse City , Michigan
what to control?

In reality there seems to be very little. We don't need to range hood fan or light. We have eliminated the fresh water auto fill option. I don't hold much hope the tank readers will function long if at all. Nor do I expect the LP tank readers to function.
Davidhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:55 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Everybody does this differently with different goals. To me, having working monitors on the holding tanks would be important. If the tank transmitters break, I think I'd (... uggg ...) figure out how to replace them. Propane tanks don't worry me a lot so I'd let that go.

One totally off the wall approach: Drop in a Victron Venus box.

https://shop.pkys.com/Victron-Venus-...SAAEgLHRfD_BwE

Then do all the control and monitoring via WiFi. I'll even do the tank monitoring .... Welcome to the world of the smart home ... errr ... smart trailer

A more simple approach would be to route the tanks to a SeeLevel panel

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...ison-Chart.pdf

Then do the odds and ends with switches / push buttons. Mount that all on a chunk of plywood and you're done.

Bob
uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote