Old 07-31-2004, 05:03 PM   #1
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Control Panel

Hi, Does anyone know how to take out the control panell on 1985 Sovereign?
Any help would be nice. I keep looking for screws but there are none. It must pop in and out .But what holds it in? If you want reply to me dirctrly my addres is GMBY@NETPTC .NET

Thanks for any help Russell :

Old 07-31-2004, 05:13 PM   #2
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Its likely that its the same as mine on a 345 MH. Mine is located under the kitchen cabinets and is held in with spring clips all around. I removed mine based on the instructions in the manual. I placed a large flat bladed screwdriver behind the panel and gently pulled out one side then the other. Came out no problem. One it is out you can see screws which hold the aluminum case to the cabinet.

swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

As you suspect, it pops in and out. It is a very tight fit. It may, I say MAY, come out easier if you remove the tambour doors and associated framing. They are all held in by screws and rivets.

Or do you have to remove the control panel to get at the upper fasteners for the tambour doors? I forget.

Mark
Old 08-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #4
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
To Steve and mark,

Thanks for the info about the control pannel.Omy AS it is right over the couch. My AS has the bath at the rear of the trailer. I feel that you are righ on how it is held in. Airstream would have made life easier if the just used 4 screws.But if they made it to easy anyone could fix it. My probles is that the nearest dealer is over 100 miles away. It makes it hard to go them even in an emergency.
For anyone info if you need electric brakes go to Dexter Axle Co. on the web and find a local dealer. It much cheaper to buy the whole brake unit than trying to find individual parts. The unit cost is under 50 dollars each.

Thanks for the help Russell
Old 08-04-2004, 10:38 PM   #5
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Control Pannel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebster
Its likely that its the same as mine on a 345 MH. Mine is located under the kitchen cabinets and is held in with spring clips all around. I removed mine based on the instructions in the manual. I placed a large flat bladed screwdriver behind the panel and gently pulled out one side then the other. Came out no problem. One it is out you can see screws which hold the aluminum case to the cabinet.
You were right it just pops out if you pry hard enough. I replaced the bulbs and trying to figure out on how to make it easier next time. I will take appart again and see if I can pur screws in instead of the clips.

R egards Russell