Old 09-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Comfort Control Center Behind TV ??

The Comfort Center in my Classic 31 is mounted behind the TV. It is a nuisance to have to move the TV to access it. In addition, I am sure that the heat from the TV when it is on, must influence the temperature sensed by the unit. I am considering lowering it to below the TV. Has anyone done This? I think this location may be unique to the Classic 31.
Thanks,
Ken

Old 09-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Site Team

, Minnesota
Yeah I've got the same problem with mine. My TV is mounted on a swing arm and if I'm running the AC or furnace I move the TV as far away as possible, or adjust the thermostat to compensate for the heat.

If I moved it lower it would be next to my feet and that might cause a bigger problem.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Ken,
The location isn't particular to the 31' Classic. The control center is in the same location in our '06 Classic Limits S/O. Once we get set up we extend the TV on its mounting swing arm and then it's real easy to get at and the TV is pleny far enough away from it so that any heat generated from it doesn't affect the thermostat. Is the TV on the 31' Classic fixed to the wall or is it on a moveable arm?

I am sure you can move it, but you will have to cut a new hole and plug the old hole. The control wires are nothing more than flat gray telephone wire. If you need to add a length of wire just be careful. A regular phone wire has a total reveral of wires from one terminal to another. Whereas the wire used in the control center is called a straight thhrough cable with no reversal of the wires from end to end.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEITZ645 View Post
Ken,
The location isn't particular to the 31' Classic. The control center is in the same location in our '06 Classic Limits S/O. Once we get set up we extend the TV on its mounting swing arm and then it's real easy to get at and the TV is pleny far enough away from it so that any heat generated from it doesn't affect the thermostat. Is the TV on the 31' Classic fixed to the wall or is it on a moveable arm?..................................
The TV is on a movable arm, so I can move it out of the way, but where we prefer to have it when viewing is pretty close to its stowed position. When the TV is actually stowed, there is no way the CCC can be viewed.
I only need to move the CCC about 4 inches to solve the viewing problem. Thanks for the info on the cable, I will be careful about what wire goes where. If I need to lengthen the cable, I will make my own extensions. I have connectors and a crimping tool from other projects,
Thanks,
Ken