Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Penn Laird , Virginia
Can't reset circuit breaker

My wife and I got our first Airstream, a 25 front bed International, a month ago and because of the weather this weekend is the first time we have been able to go over it, try to learn what we can, and get it set up for our first trip. On the converter box/fuse panel, there are three 120 volt circuit breakers, and of course several 12 volt fuses. Only one of the three 120 volt circuit breakers, the one on the right, has a "test" button. I pushed it and the breaker tripped "off." I cannot get it to reset to stay "on." My previous life's experience is to flip the lever to off then back on and have it stay on. It won't stay on. It stays in a center position between off and on with the lever parallel to the floor. Can somebody explain?
evamcmahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome to the forums!
Sounds like a GFI breaker. It should reset just as you stated. Go full off and then back on. Depending on your confidence level, you could remove the load from the beaker and try again. Make sure you remove shore power before you work in the box. GFI breakers do go bad and it may need to be replaced.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Madison , Mississippi
Is the test button stuck?
Birdwell57 is offline   Reply With Quote