Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
Burnt to a Crisp 71 Safari Fan Motor

The roof vent fan motor for my 71 Safari is a gone'r... I took the housing off and it is burnt to a crisp. I took it to an electric motor rebuilder and apparently it can not be rebuilt.

Anyone know of a source where I can get a direct replacement?
bvcg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Unless you have a thing for strict originality, I would replace the entire vent/fan with one from Fantastic vents or Maxxi vents. Both are popular and have much better venting capacity at much lower power draw than the original fan. By much lower, I mean 1/3 rd to half.

If you must have the original, I will bet that there are many out there which have been replaced with other fan systems. Someone will volunteer one for you most likely.

Also, one of the parts places, like Inland RV or Out of Doors Mart may have the original motor, but it will be costly.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
I bought two for my 69. Here is a link to it.

http://www.inlandrv.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=43

If you go the fantastic fan route, I'm looking for one of the crank lifter for the astro dome. They are the same as the 14x14 vent.