Old 02-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #15
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Your wiring looks ok. Idroba and Msmoto usually have this stuff figured out accurately. I would do what they suggest. Easy stuff first. Confirm that the + &- attachments returning to the Airstream at the battery are indeed secure. If you don't have a multi meter, you may as well get one now since you will find that you will always have an opportunity to use it. Part of owning an Airstream. Confirm that there is power at the batteries, wall switch, and the solenoid. Shore power not connected. Operate the 30 amp main circuit breaker in the panel a couple of times. If none of this fiddling works and there is power at the solenoid, and the solenoid fuses are ok, my guess is a defective solenoid. Jim

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 02-15-2015, 03:38 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
First verify the solenoid 'clunks' shut when you put the use/store switch in 'use'.

One way to check is measure the DX voltage across the main solenoid terminals--the big lugs that carry the power when it is closed (activated). If it is truly making contact there will be ZERO volts across it and everything should be running on your 12 volt circuits. More than zero means the solenoid did not close. Something in between 12 and zero means the contacts are toasted and you need a new one.

If it does not 'clunk' that may mean the problem is elsewhere in the use/store circuit or there is no 12 volt power to the use/store switch.

I'm assuming your batteries are charged and properly connected...

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums

2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #17
Steve and Sharon

2015 27' FB International
Panama City , Florida
To sum it up briefly...if I have shore power connected and the disconnect switch is ON and then I remove shore power, the battery powers everything just fine. I then can disconnect the battery and the light on the switch goes out and it will not reconnect....no "clunk". With shore power connected it ALWAYs "clunks" both off and on. And yes the battery is charged, it registered 12.9 volts after I towed it home and the inverter will power up regardless of the disconnect switch. And the tongue jack and light work fine, so I know there is power in the battery. Just trying to avoid another 4 hour pull to the dealer since I just returned 3 days ago. I am electrically illiterate so I will have to find some help with a work mate to be confident with the other checks with a volt meter.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #18
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
I think the solenoid is toast but this is not an adventure ruining issue. Since your Airstream will function after the solenoid has been turned on by shore power, just leave it on and plan a visit to the dealer following your trip. There will be other issues that you discover and he can fix them all under warranty. The in use/store button has only been activated once in my 2012 Airstream when I had to replace the inverter. It remains in use 24/7. Jim

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums