Old 04-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

I have the international and it has the dual system. I will check the intelliPowers, because what ever had been charging is no longer there.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:43 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
Good idea about the 'Smart/Intelle' chargers of any kind, they won't 'fry', boil, overcharge, your battery as a constant trickle charger can.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dotson
I have the international and it has the dual system. I will check the intelliPowers, because what ever had been charging is no longer there.
Rick: Very nice that you have an International Safari! The only battery charging in 1961 (even on International series trailers) came from the tow vehicle generator or alternator; there was no separate transformer in 1961 for park based 12 volt use or charging when plugged in; plugging in a land line only gave you 115 vac. There was no trailer based battery charger in 1961. You simply discharged the battery when using it at night and charged it the next day from the tow vehicle when travelling.

Along with an IntelliPower, you might consider installing one or two larger batteries some where else on your trailer than in the thin battery compartment on the exterior front panel. Use that for storage and move the batteries elsewhere.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:16 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

As it turns out, someone has added a small older Sears 6 volt battery charger under the sink. This apparently charged the massive 6 volt battery located on the outside front in a little aluminum box and provides 6 volts DC when connected to AC.

The lights all have DC and AC bulbs and I will keep it orginal except for switching to 12 volt. I plan on installing a newer charger.